PDA

View Full Version : VM Netgear N stick install help

GazCBG
23-03-2009, 18:28
Hi,

I am getting one of these small laptop with a T-Mobile Stick think they called netbooks.

Anyway I would to install the Netgear N stick so I can get some if not all of my 50mb on it. However the problem is it doesn't have a CDRom.

How can I install it ?

I did think about zip'ing up the disk which is about 25mb and upload then download it via the T-Mobile stick and run it, would that work ?

Or do I only need the drivers, if so where do I download these ?

on in an hour!
23-03-2009, 18:32
Hi,

I am getting one of these small laptop think they called netbooks.

Anyway I would to install the Netgear N stick so I can get some if not all of my 50mb on it. However the problem is it doesn't have a CDRom.

How can I install it ?

use another p.c. go to http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/wireless/nrouter-driverupdate.php save to a usb memory stick and use that on your laptop. ;)

GazCBG
23-03-2009, 18:39

I don't have a USB Memory stick, as my brother got it round his house, may get it tomorrow after the laptop has come.

However I can use the T-Mobile stick that comes with it, that give me net access on the move to download it

Pushkar
24-03-2009, 07:41
Are you using Windows or Linux?

As the drivers for Windows will not work in Linux although the latest versions of some distros should detect and install drivers for the Netgear Wireless N adapter.

GazCBG
24-03-2009, 08:22
Windows XP