PDA

View Full Version : split cable - bad signal..

cltt97
23-03-2009, 15:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,

I don't have Virgin Media but i'm sure people here might be able to help...
I have an NTL (Irish) connection in my house that delivers Broadband and digital TV. I wanted to get TV (analogue) upstairs, so I thought I just split the signal. Originally I did as shown in this (http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/cltt97/Cables/cableconnections.jpg) picture but then I removed the two way TV/FM splitter from NTL alltogether and just used the three way splitter shown in the picture. Broadband works fine, digital worked fine but analogue was always a mess (some channels very poor quality). Since I don't use analogue that much I didn't bother doing much with it, but lately I experience this sound problem where the tele eventually ends up freezing and it has to do with the digital. I then have to switch on and off the TV a few times until the sound is clear. When I plug the cable out of NTL box and straight into the tele for just analogue, the sound is ok, although pic quality is still bad. so nothing wrong with the tele. I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with my splitting and if yes what could it be?

Darrenp
23-03-2009, 20:35
Don't really know much about this but maybe the analogue is running on reduced power prior to being turned off completely.