PDA

View Full Version : Customer service have no record of my installation?

rossallan
17-03-2009, 16:49
An engineer was due today between 1pm - 6pm to install V+ / Broadband / Phone line.

As it's getting late I decided to give customer services a call to confirm the engineer was due today. However they can't find any record of me on the system (via account number or address) the lady I talked to did mention that on first time installs the information isn't always in the system yet? I've received the confirmation email, confirmation letters and direct debit confirmation.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, real pain as I'll have to try and book more time off work and hope they turn up!

greyposter
17-03-2009, 17:48
Happened to me last year so I cancelled.

BenMcr
17-03-2009, 17:50
If you have the D/D confirmation then the account has to have been loaded

Was there a 12 digit reference number on any of the letters ending in 001?

rossallan
20-03-2009, 10:24
Well I got an answer...albeit a strange one!

When I ordered online I entered the wrong flat number. Initially I did receive an email stating there was already an account at this address and that they would be in contact within a couple of days. I figured the previous tenant hadn't closed the account yet and it would be quickly sorted out.

True enough as two days later I received a welcome to virgin email with an installation date. I then received the welcome pack and direct debit confirmation and signed and returned the contract (how this got delivered to me at the wrong flat number I'm not sure!)

Having talked to customer support it turns out that nothing should have been sent out and an engineer was never booked due to a pre-existing contract, he said it probably all got sent out by the automatic system by mistake. He also mentioned a £30 charge which should have been taken if everything was ok but hadn't been.

So I made another order on the phone, paid the £30 and the engineer is apparently due out this afternoon. This time however I haven't received a welcome pack... hopefully the login details I got last time will work!

Locky33
21-03-2009, 10:34
Are you sorted?

rossallan
21-03-2009, 12:05
All sorted :)

Peter_
21-03-2009, 12:20
All sorted :)
Did your login details work if not call Tech Support for them