contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under
the name ' ICE ' ( In Case Of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a
paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there
were always mobile phones with patients but they didn't know which number
to call.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4746789.stm

Russ
16-03-2009, 21:51
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20/31671-following-attacks-london-ice-case-emergency.html

;)

mischievious
16-03-2009, 22:00
The concept of ' ICE ' is catching on quickly.

I wish it were but your post and org link are near four years apart. Still at least some of us know.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

I am glad that depite the original link this thread was not closed as maybe it will help raise awareness..... I understand the original is still a sticky

Dai
16-03-2009, 22:20
Oops..

ah well, I guess a bump is not a bad thing in this case.

:dunce:

icestar2
17-03-2009, 01:32
When my youngest sister started college this year this was one of the first things they got them to do so its obviouly still going strong in some places.

lauzjp
17-03-2009, 14:17
Although of course it is a good idea, wouldn't 'Mum' in most people's phones be a good place to start? ;)

WHISTLED
17-03-2009, 14:21
Although of course it is a good idea, wouldn't 'Mum' in most people's phones be a good place to start? Not really many peoples next of kin if their partner not their mum..

lauzjp
17-03-2009, 14:39
Not really many peoples next of kin if their partner not their mum..

but the services could find 'Mum' in the phone book and ask for the person's next of kin. Assuming most people's Mothers would like to know if their offspring has been injured, of course. :rolleyes:

Damien
17-03-2009, 14:45
but the services could find 'Mum' in the phone book and ask for the person's next of kin. Assuming most people's Mothers would like to know if their offspring has been injured, of course. :rolleyes:

Unless their Mothers are dead or have ceased communication. More common the older people get. What percentage of 50/60 year olds still have living mothers?

ICE is better since I imagine most people don't put Husband/Wife/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Bit on the Side as opposed to their actual name.

In my case though my phone is locked via a PIN so useless anyway!

Stuart
17-03-2009, 15:29
Fine idea. Trouble is, will anyone keep it up to date? I know it's a different thing, but my passport still lists my mum as my emergency contact. She's been dead since 2003.

mischievious
17-03-2009, 22:24
Although of course it is a good idea, wouldn't 'Mum' in most people's phones be a good place to start? ;)

Nice one!

Now I have to hide an illicit affair some other way ;)