PDA

View Full Version : PAC Number (Three)

JediMaster
16-03-2009, 11:50
I'm with Three & am thinking of going to Orange via CPW. They have some good deals that I liked.

My 18 Month contract with Three ends on May 19th (that's when my end of the 18months is).

How do I go about Cancelling the contract & getting a PAC code?

I have never done this before & always just had a new number. But I've tried looking for info & one site said you ring Three & ask for a PAC Code (lasts 30 days) & then get Orange deal & tell CPW the PAC Code & then I'm issued a temp number untill its ported.

But if I ask for a PAC code, does that Cancel my 18 month deal? or do I still have to give 30 day notice to stop my contract?

ie: May 19th is the Cut off Day. So when do I ask for PAC? or Ring to Cancel first?

Cheers

jellybaby
16-03-2009, 12:44
Ring and ask foryour PAC code 30 days before the end of your contract, you can also give them notice to finish the contract at the same time.

You will find that you will get a phone call and get offered a deal (some of which are excellent at the moment :) )

Obviously you will have to decide what you do with the deal/deals they offer to keep you.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Here's a handy site :)

http://www.paccodes.co.uk/index.php

haydnwalker
16-03-2009, 14:13
With O2 (I know your with 3 at the moment) the fact that you want a PAC code also acts as a termination of contract. So If you ask for your PAC code 30 days before the end of your contract (as JellyBaby says) then it should all sort itself out.

JediMaster
17-03-2009, 10:58
What happens if I request a PAC code & cant find a good deal at CPW? Can I not use my PAC code & stay with 3 (after requesting PAC)? ie going back & taking a deal they offered or just any Normal Price in store?

jellybaby
17-03-2009, 11:17
The PAC is valid for 30 days, if you don't use it and stay with 3 there's no harm done, you will just continue with the number you have.
The PAC is for porting your number to another provider.

mbenz1
11-06-2009, 15:01
Right guys i have a similar question and i am expecting hassle from Three.

My current contract ends on 21st July 09 i called today to say i want my PAC and to finish my contract on 21st July 09 but they told me to call back on 15th June (37 days notice) to request a PAC/cancel the contract.

What i am expecting to do is call three back on 15th June and get a PAC then on 22nd June get a new O2 phone and tell O2 this PAC number which i am guessing would go through approx 24th June.

What happens to my three account after 24th june will it cut off and they just bill me for that final month. This is what i would hope to happen.

I am worried they will say i am still within your mimimum term and you cannot cancel, even though i am giving 30 days notice and im still paying the full 18 month contract.

Basically i only want to pay my 18 months and dont want them to go over another month (just so i can get a PAC code) or something.

Thanks for your help - sorry its a long post but i wanted to make sure im understood :-)

m419
11-06-2009, 18:51
It will get cut off and you will pay for the remaining time of the contract.

May I warn you of Orange!

How I ironic is that, I left Orange for 3 and now your leaving 3 for Orange!

My experience of Orange was awful,

Problem porting numbers
Poor 3G reception
Customer service not 24hrs!
Unclear billing

And worst of all they still owe me £15! All I hear is 'in 6 weeks time', well its now 12 weeks and I haven't heard from them and getting in touch with them about it is a life sentence! Long wait times and constant transfering to different departments.

Can I ask why your leaving 3?

mbenz1
11-06-2009, 19:53
thanks for the reply. Sounds easier than i am expecting but i guess it should be ok. I will record my call to cancel it.

Im probably going to go with o2 next im not expecting to go to orange. I have been with o2 before and they were very good but simply could not match the deal i got from three so i didnt upgrade

With regards to Three, overall they have been good with good coverage very good pricing in comparison with other networks and things like "my3", free skype, free msn, lots of 3to3 calls, inclusive video calls, and a good data plan.

However i find their call centres too hard to deal with. They called me to offer me a deal 3 months before my contract finished and i wasnt interested but i bartered to see what deal i could get on the "best phone" they had (tocco ultra) which wasnt in stock. They didnt have any phones i wanted as i had my heart set on a HTC or iPhone, so he said he would call me back in a couple of days to see what they had.

Anyway two days later the phone was ordered and posted to me. I declined the delivery and cancelled the upgrade and decided i am not going to renew a contract with a company who conducted their business in this way.

I forgot to say when i called today i used the excuse of "i want an iPhone" and he kept saying you cant send or recieve txt messages on the iPhone, "my colleague sitting next to me has one and it cant send or recieve sms" after i heard this i lost all respect (want of a better word) for this person trying to sell me a phone.

Cheers
Ben

mbenz1
15-06-2009, 10:08
I rang back today and finally got my PAC code from them today... took 45 bloody minutes explaining i wanted the PAC code now not next week and not when i have signed up for a new contract, now. They really dont make it easy.

I did record the call so they cant spring me with magical charges.

not sure whether to get an iphone 3gs on friday