PDA

View Full Version : My Stuff

musicbravo
15-03-2009, 15:38
Received email today about free speed upgrades and followed the find out more link. It looks like broadband extras will finish today and be replaced by my stuff tomorrow. Does this mean potentially speed upgrade could come earlier? :erm:

Peter_
15-03-2009, 15:41
Received email today about free speed upgrades and followed the find out more link. It looks like broadband extras will finish today and be replaced by my stuff tomorrow. Does this mean potentially speed upgrade could come earlier? :erm:
No just My Stuff arrives this week as the replacement for Broadband Extras.

chuzzlemonkey
15-03-2009, 15:57

Speed increase will happen sometime in May. My stuff starts on monday i do believe?

Keep an eye on the website, though. There will be a section added for 2MB customers to register to get the speed increase earlier in the process! :)

agudbuk
31-03-2009, 19:48
No just My Stuff arrives this week as the replacement for Broadband Extras.

Well its now the 31st March and I can't access My stuff yet, and it seem that we loose the 3 free music tracks a month. Does this mean we get a refund of part of the charges?

BenMcr
31-03-2009, 19:58
Did you get an e-mail confirming from Virgin that the My Stuff launched today? Or just soon?

chickendippers
31-03-2009, 20:07
It's a value added free service, you won't get a refund.

Sirius
31-03-2009, 20:28
Coming soon

Peter_
31-03-2009, 21:14
Here is the link from the Virgin website

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/vstuff/find-out-more/

This now the only place that you can download PC Guard from and to access it you must use your Primary Email Address and Password.

Sirius
31-03-2009, 21:20
Here is the link from the Virgin website

http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/vstuff/find-out-more/

This now the only place that you can download PC Guard from and to access it you must use your Primary Email Address and Password.

Is V stuff supposed to be working.

Peter_
31-03-2009, 21:25
I googled it and it came up, so I logged in and got access, plus it is now the only place to get PC Guard from as the are now only 4 options in Selfcare.

I do not believe that it is fully operational yet though.

This is what it says you can store in the account on 20Mb

V Stuff 10GB will let you back up and store the equivalent of:

4000 photos.
2000 music tracks
16 videos
800 documents

...and print 50 photos FREE

BenMcr
31-03-2009, 21:45
Not officially yet

Peter_
31-03-2009, 21:46
Not officially yet
I can get to the activation screen using that link but have not actually clicked it yet.:D

I do not believe that all links will be live yet as they will be waiting for the launch.

Jonathan90
01-04-2009, 16:51
Anyone else tried to login to VStuff I get an Error message saying to contact administration.

Peter_
01-04-2009, 16:52
Anyone else tried to login to VStuff I get an Error message saying to contact administration.
As I said above the site may be there but probably not active as yet.

Jonathan90
01-04-2009, 16:56
Never mind just tried again and logged in just got to wait for the launch as its says coming soon any idea when it gets launched?

Peter_
01-04-2009, 17:03
Never mind just tried again and logged in just got to wait for the launch as its says coming soon any idea when it gets launched?
We are all still waiting for a date for the official launch

keyholder
01-04-2009, 17:03
So basically all this backup stuff, save your foto's etc storage etc etc etc...

Its just another gimmick that Vm have brainwashed up at BT's wodnerfull idea's.

And i thought VM were surposed to stay ahead of Bt in the Game. :rolleyes:

:td:

agudbuk
01-04-2009, 17:55
It's a value added free service, you won't get a refund.

I see. Mr Gullible's been conned again.

Thought I had been done over for the last time when i left Tiscali :rolleyes:

nedsram
10-04-2009, 13:04
I installed Vstuff Backup. It lasted two days. I have now dumped it.

First it attempted to back up the entire disk, then moaned that there isn't enough room. It would be nice if it started by asking you which bits you would like to back up.

So I decided to back up my email. Vstuff couldn't see the folder where my email resides (Vista), so I then tried the "back up your email" option. I have no idea what it found, but it was 4 times the size of my email folders, and again it moaned that there wasn't enough room. (There would have been plenty of room for my email had it managed to locate it correctly.)

The next time I tried, I kept getting a taskbar notification that Vstuff was "idling". Every time I clicked on the cross it went away, only to reappear immediately. So I launched it and tried to log in. "No internet connection" it said. Odd then that Firefox and Thunderbird had no problem connecting to the Internet.

So I can't log in reliably, and can't select the files I want to back up. Is this just me, or is this software a heap of junk?

Hugh
11-04-2009, 13:34
Working fine under Vista Ultimate for me.

Backing up contacts, photos, favourites (already backed on a USB stick and a removeable drive, but better safe than sorry), and some other stuff - still chuntering away, but working okay.

AndyCambs
11-04-2009, 16:06
I think there was a temporary connection problem on Friday with not being able to log into the VStuff areas for back up. Mine was like that, and is now ok.

Rather than back up everything, I selected the folders - contacts from Outlook, and select docs and pics. It's fine.

fireman328
11-04-2009, 23:28
I am on ADSL do I get any extras ?

BenMcr
12-04-2009, 10:57
Yes http://www.virginmedia.com/help/vstuff/national/

Ignitionnet
12-04-2009, 12:54
I am on ADSL do I get any extras ?

Free throttling to 80kbps if you download too much :p:

brimurray
12-04-2009, 17:10
I installed Vstuff Backup. It lasted two days. I have now dumped it.

First it attempted to back up the entire disk, then moaned that there isn't enough room. It would be nice if it started by asking you which bits you would like to back up.

So I decided to back up my email. Vstuff couldn't see the folder where my email resides (Vista), so I then tried the "back up your email" option. I have no idea what it found, but it was 4 times the size of my email folders, and again it moaned that there wasn't enough room. (There would have been plenty of room for my email had it managed to locate it correctly.)

The next time I tried, I kept getting a taskbar notification that Vstuff was "idling". Every time I clicked on the cross it went away, only to reappear immediately. So I launched it and tried to log in. "No internet connection" it said. Odd then that Firefox and Thunderbird had no problem connecting to the Internet.

So I can't log in reliably, and can't select the files I want to back up. Is this just me, or is this software a heap of junk?

Could it be oversubscribed, as i'ts only just released and 1000's of new full uploads are in progress?
I set up the software no problem and selected about 5.5 Gb to upload.
Averaged about 75 - 80Mb an hour. After 24 hours had only done 1.2Gb AND SLOWED to an absolute CRAWL 2.2Kbs upload. A speedtest allowed me a full 730+ Kbs at this time
I gave up, i'ts crap! Uninstalled the software but now I cannot get in via a browser to delete my uploaded 1.2Gb. After logging in and selecting the Storage or Backup tabs, the browser just hangs forever.
I have an unlimited Mozy account for about £3.60 a month which is superb, fast and totally unobtrusive with currently 18Gb on the server.