PDA

View Full Version : Something bad and unfair about Virgin Media

King_Kong
13-03-2009, 03:45
It's coming to a year now since i have been with virgin media. When i subscribed in store with them i never became familiar with the postcode checking whereby they ask you for your postcode to check if the area you're in receives VM services. I never clocked onto it simply because i thought it was minor but now it is major because;

Having moved house, the house i'm living in has no NTL cabling but one semi-detached house away another home has it and that home isn't even a minute away. I found out when i opened my bedroom window and actually saw the ntl outdoor cable enclosure box.

I rang up Customer Service they simply said they couldn't do anything about it. I feel hard done by and ripped off because i'm gonna have to see out the contract by paying for the remaining two months meaning i am buying something but not getting one piece of it. Customer Service called it "a one off disconnection fee." What if i moved into this area about 6 months ago. How much would i have had to pay to see out the contract, and infact i don't think its my fault the house wasn't cabled. So then, should every one subscribed with VM give up on moving into another area or home simply because it has no VM service. It's more like they are tryin to say that if the area hasn't got VM service then don't move there.

My question is, Has any one here on the forum ever experienced this before. Did you have to pay off the remainder of your contracts? I have read somewhere on the internet if you ring up head office they can sort you out.

I have now decided to express myself about VM. Please follow this link (http://muvisoroute.com/) and click on " Something About Being a Virgin and in Media (http://muvisoroute.com/somethingbadboutvirginmedia.html)" its on the header just above recommend a site and media

chuzzlemonkey
13-03-2009, 19:22
To be honest you are right in saying that its not your fault that the house you haven't move to doesn't have cable.

But that being said, you did sign up to a 12 month contract for your VM services, the terms of which state that if you disconnect for whatever reason you will be charged for the remainder of the contract.

Agreed, it is unfortunate. But you did decide to move.

broadbandking
13-03-2009, 19:27
Just to add the contract is taken out at that address, which means if you break contract EDF's will be charged however you join VM national which is the ADSL company and then you won't be charged EDF'S