PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a technician visit?

monkeyonamoped
11-03-2009, 11:03
Hello all,

on Saturday my 20meg broadband went down completely so I called 151 & went through all the steps. When I told the advisor that the 'ready' light on the modem was flashing on & off he stated that this would need a technician visit & one was booked for Monday. When I then got up on Sunday the 'ready' light was constant & my connection was working fine, so I called back & cancelled the visit.
Fast forward to Monday evening & the connection was gone again & stayed off all the following day, so last night I called again & have booked a visit for tomorrow, Thursday. Lo & behold I get up today & the connection is back up & running. If the tech arrives tomorrow & the connection is working will he take any action, or will I just be accused of timewasting?
I'm in Warrington & when I called tech support there was a recorded message saying that they were aware of issues in the North West & Manchester, but when I spoke to the advisor he didn't seem to think that my area was one of those affected.

leexgx
11-03-2009, 11:07
in warrington my self

the tech will replace the modem when he comes around if its an intermittent problem (unless its signal level problems)

what modem are you using (underside of it)

monkeyonamoped
11-03-2009, 11:10
I can't be sure which modem it is, (I'm at work at the moment). I think it's an NTL250, if there is such a thing.

Would I need to reconfigure my router & such afterwards, or should it be pretty much 'plug & play' after the switch, in your experience?

leexgx
11-03-2009, 11:18
if he reged it for you as you are there (thay norm do)
its just plug it into router and power the cable modem

if using an belkin router you must reboot router after cable rdy and sync is on as that router does not obey DHCP timer of 30 secs when cable modem is not ready, some other routers do this as well