PDA

View Full Version : V+ Installation Questions

geoffsimpson
10-03-2009, 13:19
:dunce:Can anybody help !!!

I am a dum dum when it comes to technical information and jargon !!!

I am having Virgin V+ Box installed on Thursday 12th March 2009, but I am not sure whether I will have to provide certain connection cables myself in order to receive the very best HD reception and the full theater surround sound from my 5 speakers and Sub Woofer

I have a SONY BRAVIA KDL-40D3500 TV
+
SONY HOME THEATRE SYSTEM DAV-DZ260

I have read many forums and I have come to the conclusion that I will require a [U]Digital Optical Cable and possibly two HD cables.

Can anyone explain in plain English if this is true and if so what is the correct cable set up for the above equipment !!!

The main reason I am asking such questions is that the Virgin engineer who installed my standard NTL/Virgin top set box was not very helpful regarding my Home Theater System and advised me to get help elsewhere, so I am assuming the next engineer will have the same attitude and will not carry or supply the necessary cables !!!

Raistlin
10-03-2009, 13:20
Hi Geoff, :welcome:

I've changed the title of your thread to something slightly more descriptive :)

The Installer
10-03-2009, 16:29
The installer will connect your V+ box to your TV via a HDMI cable (as long as you ordered one) but that will be about it, unless you get an installer who knows his stuff. The HDMI lead that is supplied are 1.5 meters long only so if you need a longer lead you will have to buy this yourself.

On the back of the V+ box there is an optical out for your audio system, you will need to get the lead for this and enable the setting if it isn't already within the V+ on screen settings menu. There is only ONE HDMI socket on the back of the V+ box.

Hope that answers a few questions

geoffsimpson
10-03-2009, 20:44
Thank you for your fast response, yes it has answered my questions, does this mean that the HDMI cable and the Digital Optical Cable will give the best performance for both Vision & Sound and eliminate the use of the two Scart Cables !!!

chuzzlemonkey
14-03-2009, 19:13
Thank you for your fast response, yes it has answered my questions, does this mean that the HDMI cable and the Digital Optical Cable will give the best performance for both Vision & Sound and eliminate the use of the two Scart Cables !!!

Yep.

Once hooked up via HDMI you can use you scart cables to hang your curtains if you want as you won't be needing them :tu: