PDA

View Full Version : Router User and Pass?

Badly Drawn Boy
07-03-2009, 09:30
Hi guys

I've tried searching this forum and google for my answer but none of them work.

I've just had virgin cable broadband installed, i've got the default Netgear router given by virgin, my problem is I can't access my router settings as I dont know the user and pass?
Is there a default one for first time users?

Thanks

bayonet
07-03-2009, 09:37
Username is virgin password is password IP address to login is 192.168.1.1

There was a post on here somewhere giving all the login details including the network name and network key or passphrase to connect wirelessly

Network name is Virgin Broadband network key is preinstall to connect without using the ethernet cable

Look under the router itself all the information you need is there if you forget it

The Windows firewall can block access to the router sometimes disabling it usually cures any login issues

Russ
07-03-2009, 09:37
Username - Virgin
Password - password

Badly Drawn Boy
07-03-2009, 09:41
great stuff, thanks guys.

didnt think to look under my router.

also one more quick question, there isnt a download limit with the 10mb internet package is there?

BenMcr
07-03-2009, 09:44
No download limit - but there is traffic management www.virginmedia.com/traffic (http://www.virginmedia.com/traffic)

GazCBG
07-03-2009, 10:01
Hi,

I think I must of been lucky with my router as it seems to be using the NetGear router software and not virgins and my username/password for the router was admin / password

I am thinking this as, when I access the router this morning it asking if I wanted to update the router firmware