PDA

View Full Version : Recv, Sync and ready lights flashing

djmagnifique
05-03-2009, 19:45
for about the last hour or so the recv light has been flashing as if there is network traffic coming into my pc even though the pc has been turned off.

If I reboot the modem then the sync flashes and the ready light blinks and I have no internet connection for about 15 minutes.

I am on 20meg using a NTL250 modem and I connect through a virgin supplied netgear router.

I've looked in the modem settings and I found this to be a bit strange in the Operation Configuration.

Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 0
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 0
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Enabled

I've phoned virgin tech but got through to india and they have booked an engineer to come out tomorrow and said there was no area fault.

Anyone seen this before or know whats happening.

I'm in the Teesside area.

Cheers.

Peter_
05-03-2009, 19:57
for about the last hour or so the recv light has been flashing as if there is network traffic coming into my pc even though the pc has been turned off.

If I reboot the modem then the sync flashes and the ready light blinks and I have no internet connection for about 15 minutes.

I am on 20meg using a NTL250 modem and I connect through a virgin supplied netgear router.

I've looked in the modem settings and I found this to be a bit strange in the Operation Configuration.

I've phoned virgin tech but got through to india and they have booked an engineer to come out tomorrow and said there was no area fault.

Cheers.
Well their tools must have shown that the was a local issue and you were offline so a engineer visit sounds about right.

djmagnifique
05-03-2009, 20:03
do you think it might be the modem saying its had enough?

Peter_
05-03-2009, 20:05
do you think it might be the modem saying its had enough?
The Tech will probably replace it.

Check this link
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/current_service_20MB.html

djmagnifique
05-03-2009, 20:39
Checked the link and it say my modem is able to handle 20meg.

Hom3r
05-03-2009, 21:20
I have just discovered that these are the settings that my modem is displaying, I'm still getting the same speed.

My modem hasn't been cloned has it?

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Where can I get a explanation of the lights on the front of the 250?

Munkeh
05-03-2009, 21:32
I have just discovered that these are the settings that my modem is displaying, I'm still getting the same speed.

My modem hasn't been cloned has it?

Your modem has not been cloned, this is a bug in the modem firmware which incorrectly reports the upstream and downstream speeds.

This should be fixed soon.

Nothing to worry about.

Ignitionnet
05-03-2009, 21:33
Where can I get a explanation of the lights on the front of the 250?

If you've no service impact don't worry about it. End of the day so long as the service is working fine who cares what lights flash and when.

Hom3r
05-03-2009, 21:34
Cheers, I didn't fancy taking days of work waiting for VM to turn up :)

pabscars
06-03-2009, 13:58

Cheers.

are you upgrading your broadband speed soon, only reason i ask is that looks like the same readings i got the other night, and ive just been put on the new 50 meg network in anticipation of the install at weekend.

djmagnifique
06-03-2009, 15:34
no, no upgrade planned.

Just had my ntl250 swapped for a 256, now the recv light has stopped flashing but the send light has started flashing.

The engineer did mention something about 50meg being launched in my area and the chew on it is to set up.

do you think the 50mb roll out might have something to do with my issue?