PDA

View Full Version : Slow Download speed (not throttled)

DaveCheshire
04-03-2009, 21:49
Hi there,

For the past week or so i've been getting intermittent problems with my modem slowing down below traffic shaped speeds 350-500kb at all times of the day regardless of wether i have used it or not.

I called tech support (reset my modem and downloaded, from microsoft etc) and they were going to send an engineer out but later that night (30 mins after i called) the problem seemed to solve itself so i called up the following morning and cancelled it.

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 3
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : -5.9 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.5 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 2
Upstream Frequency : 37500000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 52.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

is there anything out of place here? should i call them up again?

Cheers

Peter_
04-03-2009, 22:00
Hi there,

For the past week or so i've been getting intermittent problems with my modem slowing down below traffic shaped speeds 350-500kb at all times of the day regardless of wether i have used it or not.

I called tech support (reset my modem and downloaded, from microsoft etc) and they were going to send an engineer out but later that night (30 mins after i called) the problem seemed to solve itself so i called up the following morning and cancelled it.

Cheers
Looks quite normal for a EX-NTL connection well within operational parameters.

Welshchris
04-03-2009, 22:23
Hi there,

Cheers

This is what i dont understand, and ive heard it so many times.... Virgin Cannot find a problem, but we will send an engineer anyway and then it SUDDENLY clears up.

DaveCheshire
04-03-2009, 22:23
I found out the problem, or rather who the problem is :p: missus keeps doing system restores on her laptop and making ip conflicts :mad:

Peter_
04-03-2009, 22:30
This is what i dont understand, and ive heard it so many times.... Virgin Cannot find a problem, but we will send an engineer anyway and then it SUDDENLY clears up.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

I found out the problem, or rather who the problem is :p: missus keeps doing system restores on her laptop and making ip conflicts :mad:
But he found out the real reason and posted it, you may have issues Chris but not all issues are the same.:)

Welshchris
04-03-2009, 22:31
Moldova, think about it, if Virgin Media cannot find a problem, says theres no problem and then books an engineer and the problem clears up then there must have been a problem in the first place yet they reckon there were none.