PDA

View Full Version : questionS from a newbie virginmedia user

carpie
04-03-2009, 21:38
Hi folks,
well i have finally got my 50mbit connection today and everything on that side of things is ok at the moment:D. I am wondering if there is a virginmedia members page that you can log in and check your account details etc ?, as the only thing the engineer left with me is a wireless router and a doggle both wrapped up still and no other paper work:confused:.
Also do i use the modem and router at the sametime if i want to use the wireless doggle for the laptop ?
cheers
Craig

Peter_
04-03-2009, 21:53
Hi folks,
well i have finally got my 50mbit connection today and everything on that side of things is ok at the moment:D. I am wondering if there is a virginmedia members page that you can log in and check your account details etc ?, as the only thing the engineer left with me is a wireless router and a doggle both wrapped up still and no other paper work:confused:.
Also do i use the modem and router at the sametime if i want to use the wireless doggle for the laptop ?
cheers
Craig
You will get your email address and password from Tech Support on 151 from a Virgin phone or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone, then you can log into https://selfcare.virginmedia.com/IIPSCVM/

You need the modem to connect to the router or you will not have any wireless internet.

carpie
04-03-2009, 22:29
Cheers for that, i guess i ring them up tomorrow at somepoint then, shame it was not on any paper work as it would save me the phone call lol
So the ethernet cable from the modem plugs in to the router, then another ethernet cable from the router to pc so i can still have access on the pc but also i can then have wireless internet on the laptop

Peter_
04-03-2009, 22:31
Cheers for that, i guess i ring them up tomorrow at somepoint then, shame it was not on any paper work as it would save me the phone call lol
So the ethernet cable from the modem plugs in to the router, then another ethernet cable from the router to pc so i can still have access on the pc but also i can then have wireless internet on the laptop
Exactly right:tu:

carpie
04-03-2009, 22:35
Exactly right:tu:

Ahh thats great then :D, and some people say all this computer lark to confusing:p::D
Thanks for your help :tu:

Peter_
04-03-2009, 22:41
Ahh thats great then :D, and some people say all this computer lark to confusing:p::D
Thanks for your help :tu:
It is only confusing if you make it confusing, think about it and it usually works.;)

carpie
04-03-2009, 22:52
Yeah i guess you are right about that:D

Peter_
04-03-2009, 22:55
Yeah i guess you are right about that:D
Yohave the other 50Mb guys jealous:D

carpie
04-03-2009, 23:01
Yohave the other 50Mb guys jealous:D

:D:D