PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to business Tech support

Kymmy
02-03-2009, 09:32
Yesterday whilst doing some electrical work I seem to have broken my connection...

I powered everything down as usual, flicked the breaker, did the work I needed doing then powered everything back up in order...but No internet...

PC's fine, server fine, router fine...just no DHCP from the modem...with a 192.168.100.* static I got into the modem fine...everything seemed OK with the modem even getting the config file OK..

Rang up business Tech Support yesterday and there was no-one on the cable modem desk, at leats a kind guy from Telco faults logged the call for me...

Called again this morning and it got weirder... The UBR wasn't talking to the modem...tried another modem (had my old residential one here) to see if at least the MAC popped up on the UBR and still no go.. Lots of modem resetting...lots of telling the UBR to forget my MAC address and start from afresh and still no IP...

Tech support gave up, booked an engineer...so I (as all the other machines are via hubs/routers) got a wired laptop in place so that the tech could at least be wired direct (you know how they are) anyway suddenly Laptop DHCP's fine ????? Plug in the router directly to the modem..that DHCP's fine.. Internet through the router is OK...plug in the hub and the server and that DHCP's OK and the websites/email are back up and running..

Rang TechSupp back to cancel the visit... No idea what was done in the end but at least I'm happy and back upand running...so just a simple thankyou to the Tech Support guys on the Business Cable modems desk..