PDA

View Full Version : Odd modem problem

Hiroki
27-02-2009, 14:00
I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a few problems with my modem since just before Christmas.

It’s a Motorola SB5100 and what’s happening is that sometimes it switches off for no reason (looses power altogether) and at times it wont come on at all. Now sometimes it can be fine for weeks before it starts all over again.

I’ve contacted VM on the phone for help but the Indian people ignore/confuse me they are no help and when I did managed to speak to someone in this country he fobbed me off by saying that as it was okay at that moment they wouldn’t be able to replace the modem. I tried setting up the program to access the newsgroups but for some reason my new pc wont connect to it.

If anyone has any advice on what to do next I’d be grateful.
Thank you

cabsandy
27-02-2009, 17:38
I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a few problems with my modem since just before Christmas.

It’s a Motorola SB5100 and what’s happening is that sometimes it switches off for no reason (looses power altogether) and at times it wont come on at all. Now sometimes it can be fine for weeks before it starts all over again.

I’ve contacted VM on the phone for help but the Indian people ignore/confuse me they are no help and when I did managed to speak to someone in this country he fobbed me off by saying that as it was okay at that moment they wouldn’t be able to replace the modem. I tried setting up the program to access the newsgroups but for some reason my new pc wont connect to it.

Thank you

Phone them up and say there are blue sparks coming out of the modem.If you dont get any joy, ask to speak to a supervisor and say you feel the device is a safety hazard

:angel:

Peter_
27-02-2009, 18:56

Thank you
Phone up and this time leave it unplugged and tell them you can smell burning when it is switched on and if they ask you to plug it in just go through the motions but do not plug it in and say that you have done and that the are no lights lit.