PDA

View Full Version : New STM trial query

|Kippa|
26-02-2009, 08:40
I am in blackpool and am on the new STM trial. I have just noticed something, during weekday (monday to friday) does the STM only go from 4pm to 9pm? Is there no morning STM on the new trial during the weekday time period?

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/traffictrial/

If this is right, does this mean I can dowload as much as I like up to 4pm?

broadbandking
26-02-2009, 09:54
The daytime management has gone just the normal evening STM in the weekdays, so yes get all you downloads in before 4pm beware of the upload STM which starts at 3pm till 8pm

Rik
26-02-2009, 10:14
Those new STM limits look extremely appealing to me in the week, lets hope its rolled out nationally soon assuming its a success.

|Kippa|
26-02-2009, 10:29
That is rather good for me, as I usually get up at 4am ish. So I have 12 solid hours of no STM what so ever during the week! :)

Rik
26-02-2009, 10:36
That is rather good for me, as I usually get up at 4am ish. So I have 12 solid hours of no STM what so ever during the week! :)

Time to invest in those new hard drives youve been looking at? :p:

AbyssUnderground
26-02-2009, 10:53
Speaking of STM, I was just on the VM site and I saw the "chat" link, so I clicked it and had a word with the sales agent... She wasn't pleased :p: She even shouted at me!!! :shocked: I can't believe her last few lines though...

[MOD: Linked image removed as it's already attached]

zing_deleted
26-02-2009, 10:57
yeah ill be glad when this kicks in nationally

broadbandking
26-02-2009, 11:57
I am glad the daytime STM might be going not liking the weekend STM.

|Kippa|
26-02-2009, 15:38
Ah just tested it out the new STM times today. I have been able to download at full 20mbit during the morning and mid afternoon. I was not downloading all the time, just getting the odd stuff at different times to test the new STM. To be honest I quite like the new times, you have all morning and quite a fair bit of time in the afternoon too.

Before anyone complains with the yes but I am at work at those times and who use utorrent, I would recommend you use the schedule function in it which can set the times you wish to download. So basically you can set utorrent to download from like 9am to 3pm then tell it to turn off.

broadbandking
26-02-2009, 15:54
Its gone back to what it was before apart from the weekend stm is the newest edtion to the STM world

Rik
27-02-2009, 13:07
Speaking of STM, I was just on the VM site and I saw the "chat" link, so I clicked it and had a word with the sales agent... She wasn't pleased :p: She even shouted at me!!! :shocked: I can't believe her last few lines though...

[MOD: Linked image removed as it's already attached]

Where is this Chat link Andy?

Must be going blind in my old age..

I fancy a chat :)

AbyssUnderground
27-02-2009, 13:15
When it appears its next to the "Basket" icon on the virgin website. Its not always there though, which is annoying.