PDA

View Full Version : Stuck CD in Vauxhall Corsa

chris9991
24-02-2009, 17:46
Hi

I've got a hired Vauxhall Corsa into which I've put a normal CD in it and which after playing will not eject. Having rung the company hired from. They say I should just keep pressing the eject button. I've tried this but is there anyway I can force a manual eject? I notice there are four holes which I imagine are screw holes but as its a hire car I don't want to start removing things. It's a 58 plate Corsa

Cheers for any help

Graham M
24-02-2009, 18:12
I would personally take it back to the hire company and let them sort it, that way they can't claim you've broken anything

chris9991
24-02-2009, 18:37
Sounds good to me - it should go back at the weekend - I'll just have to use my MP3 player till then

Chris
24-02-2009, 18:46
Slot-loading CD players often have a manual release button concealed just inside the slot, to the left or the right side, which you access with a straightened out paper clip. However, as others have said it is probably better to let the hire company break the CD player by sticking things in it, than for you to do it and end up in an argument with them.

AbyssUnderground
24-02-2009, 19:19
You could try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and reconnecting it, but bear in mind if the radio has a code lock it will need the code entering to put it back on (although you should still be able to eject the CD, you can on mine even with the ignition off) after its "reset" in effect.