PDA

View Full Version : Transferring money to german bank

Mike
24-02-2009, 12:54
Hi all

I need to transfer 35 Euros to a german bank..........

The details they have given me are

Deutsche Bank AG Gummersbach
bank number: 384 XXX XX
account number: X XXX 203
SWIFT/BIC: DEUT DEDW 384
IBAN: DE 433 847 XXX 100 700 203 XX

I have logged onto my internet banking but obviusly the german account number sytem is not covered.

Just wondered what the easiest/cheapest way of doing is this

Many thanks

Mike

Chris
24-02-2009, 12:57
Just so long as you're not transferring the money to in order to pay Mariam Abacha's legal fees, enabling her to move $35 million out of Nigeria via your own bank account ... ;)

I think you need to visit your branch, or phone them up.

Osem
24-02-2009, 13:02
I got a spam e.mail the other day asking for payment for a game download (me, download a game FGS!!!) and requesting a direct transfer into a German bank. Needless to say it was reported a phishing.

It was very similar to this:

http://www.antispam.de/forum/showthread.php?t=23237

Kymmy
24-02-2009, 13:05
I take it it's for an ebay auction...for some reason Germans just don;t seem to want to use paypal.

This can NOT be done via your normal banking internet control panel instead you need to ring up your bank and arrange an international bank transfer (they'll need the iban number and it takes just a few days) this though will cost you about £15-£20.. You bank might be cheaper as you have an account with them but not always and you can shop arround places like the post-office..other banks...

AndyCambs
24-02-2009, 13:12
SWIFT/BIC: DEUT DEDW 384
IBAN: DE 433 847 XXX 100 700 203 XX

You have the Swift and Interbanking account details
SWIFT is overseas - Interbanking is EU only.

In my bank I have to complete a form and send it in.
It's not cheap from what I recall, and there's no guarantee on how long the money will take to arrive.

Mike
24-02-2009, 13:38
Just so long as you're not transferring the money to in order to pay Mariam Abacha's legal fees, enabling her to move $35 million out of Nigeria via your own bank account ... ;)

I think you need to visit your branch, or phone them up.

:):):):):)

No it's all ok it relates to a bike light I need repairing from a german supplier.

I contacted them............

Thanks again

Mike

Osem
24-02-2009, 14:09
:):):):):)

No it's all ok it relates to a bike light I need repairing from a german supplier.

I contacted them............

Thanks again

Mike

Phew - nothing sinister then :)

Saaf_laandon_mo
24-02-2009, 15:46
I think you have all the info you need but a tt (telegraphic transfer which you will have to do at the bank) will cost you money to transfer the money over. It costs me £25 to do a transfer to Portugal. For such a small amount I'd contact the company and see if they will process a credit card payment.

AndyCambs
24-02-2009, 19:47
I take it it's for an ebay auction...for some reason Germans just don;t seem to want to use paypal.

This can NOT be done via your normal banking internet control panel instead you need to ring up your bank and arrange an international bank transfer (they'll need the iban number and it takes just a few days) this though will cost you about £15-£20.. You bank might be cheaper as you have an account with them but not always and you can shop arround places like the post-office..other banks...

Well for Nationwide BS, that's not quite true - online banking gives you access to a SWIFT/CHAPS form which you complete online and then take into your branch.

I'd agree though that it would be better to see if they would process the payment via Mastercard/Maestro/Visa as a much cheaper (and for Visa and Mastercard) more secure way of processing the payment for you.