PDA

View Full Version : House Move

ocukace
24-02-2009, 11:18
Hiya

I have moved house - I have been with Virign for 6 years aprox.

This is the 2nd time I have moved house. This house move was a 30 mile journey.

I arranged my move etc with a virgin rep over the phone.

There is one major issue with my move. I have now moved and my old email account is not working.

I called the helpline, and have been told due to me moving from a ex-blueyonder area to an ex-ntlworld area I have lost my old account.

This is not good - I use my blueyonder email account for work purposes.

Is there anyway they can re-enable my old address?

Thanks

Chris
24-02-2009, 11:26
I would have thought it unlikely - the email address is tied up with the way you receive your internet service, and this is slightly different depending on the underlying infrastructure of the Virgin network where you live.

Besides, Virgin would tell you, if you asked them, that your internet service (including email) is for domestic use only. It does not have any service guarantee attached to it, and you really ought not to be using it for any purpose that would disadvantage you financially if it were to break down.

If you want a reliable email box for business purposes, that won't change if you change your internet service provider, then there are services out there you can subscribe to (some for free, some for an annual fee).

xocemp
24-02-2009, 13:58
It may be possible via the 2nd line team to have your old mail service enabled temporarily while you collect any old e-mails and update your contacts of your new address and domain change.

Call TSC, its worth a try.