PDA

View Full Version : Change of MAC and the Registration Page

deed02392
23-02-2009, 18:01
My friend has just bought a new router, reset everything, and is now being asked for his PID and password (the stuff you have to enter when you first sign up for the internets with Virgin). Because he doesn't have his welcome letter any more, is there a way around this other than calling VM tech support? I could go round and clone his old MAC but obviously I want to avoid the journey if possible and I don't know whether now that the page has been initialised it will make a difference. Thanks in advance :)

BenMcr
23-02-2009, 18:09
Quickest way would be to clone the MAC, otherwise it is a call to TSC or Customer Services.

All they need is the PID though. The password is now always 1234

I would certainly get a swap to a modem organised as well.

jellybaby
23-02-2009, 18:10
If you cloned the mac, then the page should disappear.
The only other way is to ring customer services on 150 from a virgin line and request the PID and password again.

Graham M
23-02-2009, 18:10
If you clone to the same MAC as the old router and reset everything, it SHOULD restore normal functionality

deed02392
23-02-2009, 18:19
Thanks for all your help guys. He's gonna call 'em and get the PID.

Peter_
23-02-2009, 18:23
My friend has just bought a new router, reset everything, and is now being asked for his PID and password (the stuff you have to enter when you first sign up for the internets with Virgin). Because he doesn't have his welcome letter any more, is there a way around this other than calling VM tech support? I could go round and clone his old MAC but obviously I want to avoid the journey if possible and I don't know whether now that the page has been initialised it will make a difference. Thanks in advance :)
I presume from what you say that your friend is on a Set Top Box, he would be best to call Customer Services to get it swapped for a Stand Alone Cable Modem and then he will never be asked for a PID again, plus he can upgrade to 10Mb or 20Mb if he felt like.

Call 150 and ask.