PDA

View Full Version : constant d/c every 15min and canceled engineers

una322
22-02-2009, 17:58
Hi since monday 16th of feb, my internet has been down. was fixed by wednesday but since then i have had constant disconects almost every 15min on the dot. My ntl cable settop box light starts flashing as well as my cable modem ready light. takes about 5-7min to find the connection again coms back online.
When it is online its fine not slow at all but will only stay online for about 12 min b4 going off again and start flashing.

Trying to get help by phoning Tech support is next to impossible. They have sent out a total of 3 engineers only for them to later text me within the hour to say there is a problem in my area and it will be fixed within 8 hours only for it not to be fixed at all. Seeing it goes up and down alot sometimes when i call its up they say its working fine and to only call when its not working.
Ive had some people say my modem is working perfectly fine and others say its not and the last call they said they would send me a new modem.

I just dont know what to do really, its like every time it comes down to them sending an engineer over only to cancel it once im off the phone and just be back to square one. I have even told them this over the phone yet they still do the same thing. I don't see how there is a problem with my modem if both my modem and tv box are both flashing when the internet goes down.

If i call service status line there are no known faults in my area either.
So yeah i'm just stuck on what to do or what i could ask them to do on the phone as i'm always told the same thing either nothing is wrong or i get an engineer call out to only be canceled a few hours later.

I am in the se18 london area btw

Mick Fisher
23-02-2009, 00:10
You will likely get a better result reporting the fault to UK personnel using the newsgroup

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

alternatively phone retentions and tell them you intend to leave unless they take whatever measures are required to reinstate the service you are paying through the nose for.

Good luck.

chickendippers
23-02-2009, 00:20
Newsgroup instructions here: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/