PDA

View Full Version : Flicking switches. 11pm problem.

bywater
20-02-2009, 23:46
Generally my internet connection is fine through out the day and most of the evening pretty good and constant. Don't know what is going on but the last few weeks Virgin Media Cable seem to flicking some kind of switch around about 11pm to 12pm. After this time my connection just crawls to a halt slow browsing and dreadful speeds. You can almost set your watch by it. This then carries on to very very early hours of the morning. It so annoying if you are a night owl like me. What are they doing or testing ? Or is it just everyone coming home from the pub and jumping on there connection. Maybe everyone coming of STM and maxing out. Its only the last few weeks this as been happening. WHATS GOING ON. Is someone flicking a switch going home and turning out the lights at 11pm every evening ? I like to sit down and watch a good stream and it just stutters. Try listening to the radio it just re buffers. Try reading a news site and it a minute to download the page. Not good.:confused:

Area Coventry. Anyone else suffering ?

chickendippers
21-02-2009, 00:29
What part of the country are you in? Is it Blackpool, Preston or Wigan by any chance?

bywater
21-02-2009, 00:48
What part of the country are you in? Is it Blackpool, Preston or Wigan by any chance?

Coventry (North)

sollp
21-02-2009, 01:01
Could be that someone in the local network has a problem and is casing interference on the network which is knocking out the return path during the times you have stated. Unfortunately this will require the local network team to identify where the problem is coming from then isolate it.

Hopefully they will have a ticket raised for noise and will soon resolve the issue.

|Kippa|
21-02-2009, 02:54
My download rate is usually 19 mbit until 11pm, then it goes down to 13mbit for an hour or two, then at about 1am ish it goes back up to 19 mbit. I am in Blackpool with the new STM times.

Welshchris
21-02-2009, 03:15
i had a problem for over 3 weeks where around 1:30am my modem would reset and i contacted VM and they said it was the network changing channels to balance out the UBR and i said well that shouldnt reset the modem and if its not sorted i would see further about it. Touch wood its been ok since.