PDA

View Full Version : New Wifi Box, now internet is not working properly

tomvill
19-02-2009, 20:17
Hi, i have just changed my girlfreinds wireless router to a apple airport xtreme (which i used at my house with a motorola surfboard 5300 i think) anyway, now in her house she has a pace di4000 box. the reason for changeing the wireless box. after setting up the airport and i connect the laptop through the wireless and load up the web browser it takes me to 'www.ntl.com' to a "
Computer Provisioning Logon" page where i add my PID number and password. after entering this the page just hangs.

ive tryed a fiew websites and some websites wont load, sites like google, gumtree wont load, they just time out, but hotmail, myspace and ebay all worked, so its all pot luck on which sites load and which dont.

does anyone know what has gone wrong and would it be possable for virgin media to chang the STB to a motorola surfboard cable modem as she only used the STB for internet

moaningmags
19-02-2009, 20:25
They no longer supply Motorola modems.
Yes you can change from STB connection to stand alone modem, modem would be an Ambit 256, branded Virgin Media.
A call to customer services requesting a quick start installation pack will get you started.

tomvill
20-02-2009, 03:26
A call to customer services requesting a quick start installation pack will get you started.

ill get her to call them, i hope this works, the people at the call center were not that helpfull yesterday, so do i just ask for the pack and they will send me a modem or will i have to wait for someone to plug in the modem?