PDA

View Full Version : Extremely high game pings and slow loading times.

dsouter
19-02-2009, 10:58
Hi guys,

Your probably gonna say omg not another of these posts so im not sure whether to post under a different topic or create my own, so voila i created my own.

Im a relative newb with this sort of stuff:dunce: but will try to explain as best i can.

I am getting around 500 - 5k ping in the evening on online gaming. I have a 2mb connection with VM (i know times are hard ;) ) but it has been absoluelty fine since i can ever remember but within the last week it has been absolutely terrible i cant load up web pages, get kicked off online gaming, etc etc.
I rang customer support and they said it was an over subscription in my area (Havant, Hampshire) and said would be fixed on the 23/3/09. I cant really wait that long to be honest. But when i spoke to them again they say that it isnt that and its a problem with my pc. But I told them that my laptop does it as well. They just dont listen!!:mad: They sent an engineer out to look at my cable modem which he said was fine. He then walked down the road and checked my signal strength which he said was too low, so he boosted it to a higher db. This obviously hasnt worked. Im at a loss on what to do :s

I have threatened them with leaving but cant really as i havent a phone line only VM. If i did leave them then i would have to pay for a phone line to be installed and the cost other suppliers at the moment doesnt really compare to VM (phone broadband and tv wise).

Any help would be appreciated as i havent a clue on what the next step is to take.

Look forward to your response.

rjsetford
19-02-2009, 11:26
I rang customer support and they said it was an over subscription in my area (Havant, Hampshire) and said would be fixed on the 23/3/09.

I'm in Havant as well. Which bit are you in?

I had similar issues to you but a 2nd engineer visit solved that.

Rich

dsouter
20-02-2009, 09:10
Im in farringdon road near new lane. I have just got off the phone to them again and the guy actually confirmed that it was due to them installing there 50mb lines. Why do the whole of there customers have to suffer for people to have this luxury? The guy that i spoke to gave me 10mb line for the price of 2mb for 2 months to see if this works. Not sure it will be we will see.

Do u know what the second engineer did at all?

rjsetford
20-02-2009, 10:14
Im in farringdon road near new lane. I have just got off the phone to them again and the guy actually confirmed that it was due to them installing there 50mb lines. Why do the whole of there customers have to suffer for people to have this luxury? The guy that i spoke to gave me 10mb line for the price of 2mb for 2 months to see if this works. Not sure it will be we will see.

Do u know what the second engineer did at all?

I know Farringdon Road. I'm the other side of the Petersfields Road (top of Botley Drive).

The engineer swapped my modem, slightly boosted the signal from the street box and added an isolator to the splitter (we have broadband and TV). Since then it's been solid as a rock.

Rich