PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing problems in PO3

BritAngie
17-02-2009, 07:39
Hi,

Is anyone else getting problems with connections dropping in the Portsmouth PO3 area?

Last week (weds I think) we lost tv and internet for a few hours. Rang the helpline and it was on the system message.

Move forward to Saturday- connection goes again. Rang up ntl -explained that Portmouth had had a problem during the week. Was assured that no there was no issue in PO3 and that my modem was at fault and I was booked an engineer for Monday. An hour later another person rang back to say Portsmouth was again experiencing issues and that the engineer booking had been cancelled.
Eventually the internet comes back.

So Sunday it goes again- this time I did not bother to ring up because I don't want a repeat of yesterdays conversation! After an hour or so it comes back again.

Now move to Monday- about 9.30 last night it went again.

I'm starting to see a pattern now! Please can anyone tell me what is going on as there is nothing on virgins website. I checked afterwards even on Wed's last week when their phone message said PO3 was down but their customer page had no information on it at all.

I've been with ntl and now virgin for a fair old while now and I've never ever had connection issues this bad before? Can someone go round with a hammer and sort this out or point me in the direction of the box! lol

soup dragon
17-02-2009, 08:17
i am in PO3 and I haven't noticed anything during normal hours, a couple of times when in the morning i have had to reboot the router/modem but the connection has come back straight away. Sunday I was online all afternoon and evening until about 22:00.

BritAngie
17-02-2009, 08:22
i am in PO3 and I haven't noticed anything during normal hours, a couple of times when in the morning i have had to reboot the router/modem but the connection has come back straight away. Sunday I was online all afternoon and evening until about 22:00.

I think if it goes again tonight I'll have to try ringing again then. Ta muchly!

BritAngie
17-02-2009, 17:53
I think if it goes again tonight I'll have to try ringing again then. Ta muchly!

Right rung them as tv and broadband going up and down like a yo yo tonight at the same time. Seems there is another PO3 problem again this evening. (writing this in the few minutes it's up again!)

Hope once and for all they can fix it!

ms12000
17-02-2009, 17:58
Having same problems here, phoned them up about 5 times, 5 different solutions to the problem (Thought it was internal at first) only an hour ago did they say they've located the problem and they are attempting to fix it.