PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media dug up my lawn

Phil599
15-02-2009, 13:29
Hello all.

Does anyone have experience of this and can give me advice.

On Wednesday 11th February 2009 my neighbour had Virgin Media installed, great you might say but, the engineer layed the cable through my front lawn and in the process dug it up (how they do) and made a complete mess of spreading mud on my drive. I admit my lawn isn't perfect but if it was would it of made a difference?

I'm hopping mad about them not even being bothered to knock on my door and ask permission.

Can someone please tell me were I stand legally and what I can do about it.

Thanks

Dai
15-02-2009, 13:34
You'll need legal advice. A wayleave should have been sought to allow passage through your property.

This is 'leccy board but the same principle applies.

http://www.eon-uk.com/services/959.aspx

BenMcr
15-02-2009, 13:36
You can them to move the cable and re-instate your front garden to how it was before they dug it up if you wish.

Probably better than allowing the cable to remain, otherwise you will have to put up with it if there any problems with the services nextdoor

thamesvalley
21-02-2009, 21:48
Are you certain the cable is on your property, i see lots of properties that have a service margin in front (instead of a foot path) and often people see/treat it as part of their garden as it can be dificult to destinguish where the property boundary is in grass.

In these types of situations, You can usually tell by looking at the drive - is there edging or marker stones about 1.5m in from the road? Also, is there evidence of water stop-cocks, or other services in this section?

hope this helps!

Nikesh
22-02-2009, 13:33
Might be easier if you show us a photo. :)