PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media having issues with youtube?

DisasterMagnet
14-02-2009, 23:23
Hi guys, nice and helpful forums here and I have learned a thing or two I didnt know before so thanks.

I have a question regard VM and youtube. Has anyone else using VM in any area had trouble with youtube videos not streaming properly?

now before I get stamped on for a "youtube problem" let me just say that some of my friends who also use VM in my area are having the same problem. streaming video from youtube is very twitchy, mostly just pauses and buffers every couple of seconds.

I have a few friends using various usb mobile broadband dongles, and asked them to try and view the same video at the same time, mine would not stream properly, hers streamed perfectly fine.

Am I going insane or is there a problem here. this all started in december after a period of limited/no service which according to virgin required repairs. during limited service, i could get google fine, but sites like facebook and youtube appeared to have disappeared from the internet, while google,microsoft and countless other websites loaded (eventually). then "normal" service resumed except a very odd problem with youtube.

After looking at the cable modem signal level post at the top of this forum, I have summised that my signal levels are within normal limits. although if anyone wants to see them I will post on request.

I am sorry to bring such a trivial problem here but youtube is in the top 5 of my top 20 sites, so its bloody annoying to say the least, and I am sick of someone in india telling me to restart my modem and computer etc etc etc.

Any help would be gladly received, any abuse, please feel free to keep that to yourself ;)

Cheers

DM

Hugh
14-02-2009, 23:29
I had problems, but I uninstalled Flash, then re-installed it, and everything was fine.

DisasterMagnet
14-02-2009, 23:42
I had initially discounted flash as not the problem because other sites like college humour, iplayer etc all work fine.

Having said that it is worth a try and I will let you know the results, thanks for the pointer bud :)

DM

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Nope, still buffering like a derailed train :( Thanks anyway

DM

Hugh
14-02-2009, 23:45
You have to uninstall, reboot, then install.

DisasterMagnet
15-02-2009, 00:00
ForeverWar, I love you man.

so far it appears to be resolved. now to contact my mates who are having the same problem.

it appaers the problem existed between the keyboard and chair on this one. thanks dude

Hugh
15-02-2009, 12:19
Happy to help

xpod
15-02-2009, 12:29
ForeverWar, I love you man.

Valentines day has that affect on people.......
Happy You Tubing;)