PDA

View Full Version : Pat on the back for Virgin Media -- for a change

EvilRix
14-02-2009, 20:07
It's not often I feel like praise is due for Virgin; however, today I was given excellent customer service, especially by a lovely young lady called "Jazmin" and I thought I should just share this. Not only did she call me today to let me know what time the engineer would arrive (to fix my modem and telephone issues) but she also called back to confirm he kept the appointment.

Sadly, the engineer left and shortly after my phone stopped working again. I called tech support and they immediately arranged for another engineer to return to my property within 4 hours. I shortly got a call back from "Jazmin" to tell me she'd just discovered that I needed a return visit and that she was very sorry indeed and that she would call be back later to confirm all was well.

The engineer was with me within about 3 hours. It was a problem with the exchange (unrelated to my original problem... just an unlucky coincidence) and it was resolve promptly. True to her word "Jazmin" called back to make sure I was happy.

I have, in the past, had very little in the way of positive words for Virgin Media or their CS team. Today they acted with true professionalism and although I needed two visits I believe they shouldn't be judged by what went wrong but what they did to rectify it. To have an engineer sent back to me within 3 hours and to have such fantastic follow-up from "Jazmin" has made me a very happy customer. I know Virgin get a lot of flack so, for once, I thought I'd tell the world about something they did right.

Thanks for reading. :)

-Rx.

Pushkar
14-02-2009, 21:05
Good to see there are happy stories on a board that's listed full of problems, im sure theres more happy stories, just that the reason this board exists is to complain and complain.

Then again, im also very happy with my service :)

browney
14-02-2009, 21:16
there newsgroup support is great as I found a few days ago sadly I was informed that they wont upgrade my UBR any time soon :(

Ignitionnet
14-02-2009, 21:35
Good to see there are happy stories on a board that's listed full of problems, im sure theres more happy stories, just that the reason this board exists is to complain and complain.

Then again, im also very happy with my service :)

This board exists to discuss cable services in general. People rarely post when they are all good with their services though, just the nature of the beast.

I trust when you hit issues you'll be glad of resources like this one even if you think it exists to complain and complain, especially if you are the one paying the bill for services which aren't performing ;)

Wild Oscar
14-02-2009, 21:52
Sounds like a romance is in the air! .. on today of all days!!

Seriously though, I too had a problem recently (no broadband for a day) .. both the engineer and call staff were very helpful and although they couldn't do much about it on the day, all was well in the end .. and I got a fiver off my bill! .. so nice one guys and gals ..

Mick Fisher
14-02-2009, 22:05
It's not often I feel like praise is due for Virgin; however, today I was given excellent customer service, especially by a lovely young lady called "Jazmin" and I thought I should just share this. Not only did she call me today to let me know what time the engineer would arrive (to fix my modem and telephone issues) but she also called back to confirm he kept the appointment.

Sadly, the engineer left and shortly after my phone stopped working again. I called tech support and they immediately arranged for another engineer to return to my property within 4 hours. I shortly got a call back from "Jazmin" to tell me she'd just discovered that I needed a return visit and that she was very sorry indeed and that she would call be back later to confirm all was well.

The engineer was with me within about 3 hours. It was a problem with the exchange (unrelated to my original problem... just an unlucky coincidence) and it was resolve promptly. True to her word "Jazmin" called back to make sure I was happy.

I have, in the past, had very little in the way of positive words for Virgin Media or their CS team. Today they acted with true professionalism and although I needed two visits I believe they shouldn't be judged by what went wrong but what they did to rectify it. To have an engineer sent back to me within 3 hours and to have such fantastic follow-up from "Jazmin" has made me a very happy customer. I know Virgin get a lot of flack so, for once, I thought I'd tell the world about something they did right.

Thanks for reading. :)

-Rx.
Nice to hear VM getting their CS act together at long last.

Hom3r
14-02-2009, 22:33
Praise from me.

Over the last few weeks wewhere having problems with our V+ box, (channels dropping out, pixelation) an engineer came out and within minutes knew what the problem was and fixed it. :)

It was due to the fact that we are within 50 foot of our green box the signal was very strong, he put some "filter" on the box and bingo perfect signal.

He also sorted out our DVD back-up from the V+ box :)

Paul
14-02-2009, 23:52
I have had to deal with CS three times in the last two weeks and all three times they were polite, helpful and dealt with my issues.

Welshchris
15-02-2009, 02:08
Everytime i seem to deal with CS its like banging ur head on a brick wall as no one seems to know whats going on etc. I contacted them for example last monday as my modem kept resetting for a few days at exactly the same time during the night. They asked me for name, account number password etc and all was fine, where it started going down hill is when they asked me for the Mac address, i give it to them and they were convinced i was wront, they reckoned i had a NTL 250 Modem, where i have a Virgin Media 256 Modem. Ive had a 256 modem for over a year and they had my old modem and Mac and then said i was wrong LOL.

xocemp
15-02-2009, 02:40
Virginmedia ate my hamster.

Mal
15-02-2009, 02:47
Virginmedia re-animated my dead hamster

darren.b
15-02-2009, 03:16
Had to get an Ambit 256 activated...despite the sweetheart introducing herself to me three times and repeatedly pronouncing my surname wrong, she actually achieved her goal very quickly. And even had the time to wish me all the best. I had to reply with "aye you tae hen..." it as probably lost on her :D

So far so good...their 20mbit broadband is laughable though (a thread elsewhere)

smackheadz
15-02-2009, 07:21
i've got nothing but praise for my experiances with virgin,be it waving the £10 late payment charge on many occasions and for even offering better deals when i've phoned them to say i've just made one of the said late payments.can't get much better than that imho.