PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline Dollhouse : Season 1

cimt
14-02-2009, 13:50
New show by Jose Whedon. I thought this show had a very good first episode. I've got a feeling that they'll be a lot of mythology within this show.

I'm looking forward for the next episode. :tu:

Anyone else saw it yet?

Kymmy
14-02-2009, 13:54
Not yet, should watch it over the weekend

Tezcatlipoca
15-02-2009, 00:23
I watched it earlier.

I thought it was quite good for a first episode. I am curious though as to how different it is from the original pilot that was shot & scrapped.

Lots of familiar faces too as well as the gorgeous Eliza Dushku - Tahmoh Penikett (Helo in BSG), Harry J. Lennix (Commander Lock in the Matrix sequels), Reed Diamond (Homicide & Journeyman), Amy Acker (Fred in Angel).

@cimt - I've edited the title a bit, as this is obviously going to be discussing eps aired in the US well before it airs in the UK.

moaningmags
15-02-2009, 01:47
I watched it earlier too.
I like the idea of it, as the actives get to be different people with different skills every week, giving the programme a lot of scope.

cimt
16-02-2009, 16:19
Dollhouse got off to a bad start...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a146809/poor-start-for-whedons-dollhouse.html

Oh dear. Apparrently it's in a terrible time slot though...

v0id
16-02-2009, 16:25
Oh dear. Apparrently it's in a terrible time slot though...

No surprise really. You'd have though that Joss Whedon would have told Fox where to go and gone with another network after the scheduling mess they made of Firefly.

Stuart
16-02-2009, 18:58
I quite enjoyed Dolhouse. Whedon's normal humour doesn't appear to be showing, but that could take a few episodes to come through. Having said that, his other series (Buffy, Angel and Firefly) had both funny and serious episodes, so this could just have been a serious episode.

Stephen
16-02-2009, 19:19
I am not too keen on it but will keep watching to see if it improves.

Tezcatlipoca
16-02-2009, 19:58
Apparently it hits its stride by the 6 episode or so.

Unfortunately... it's on Fox. In a really bad timeslot.

And did I mention it's on Fox?

tbh, I can't see it lasting too long.

Paul
21-02-2009, 11:22
I am not too keen on it but will keep watching to see if it improves.
Hmm, I have to say Im also not that impressed so far.

It was ok, and Im downloading episode 2 atm, just to see how it goes - but so far its not done anything to make me really want to see it again.

Fatec
22-02-2009, 12:45
Hmm, I have to say Im also not that impressed so far.

It was ok, and Im downloading episode 2 atm, just to see how it goes - but so far its not done anything to make me really want to see it again.

Apparently episode 2 was actually supposed to be the 'pilot' episode, seems fox is at it again even after the firefly fiasco :rolleyes:

I thought episode 1 was 'OK'...about to watch episode 2..but i dont have high hopes for this show, you know how 'FOX' is for cancelling any show that is actually good...

Tezcatlipoca
22-02-2009, 14:28
I watched episode two yesterday.

Vast improvement on episode one, IMO.

@Fatec - Yep, the pilot ep screened wasn't Whedon's original pilot. Apparently Fox didn't like the original pilot, so Whedon had to re-shoot it. I can easily see Fox messing with it more & then canning it early...

icestar2
22-02-2009, 14:33
I watched episode two yesterday.

Vast improvement on episode one, IMO.

@Fatec - Yep, the pilot ep screened wasn't Whedon's original pilot. Apparently Fox didn't like the original pilot, so Whedon had to re-shoot it. I can easily see Fox messing with it more & then canning it early...

Agreed Matt Ep 2 was much better. I remember reading about Fox messing with the episodes a couple months back. Thought at the time they were making a mistake as usual and its been proven again.

They should leave the writers to do what they do instead of changing things and making a complete mess of it.

Always been a big fan of Joss Wedons works and hope Fox dont mess up another potentially great series of his.

Stephen
23-02-2009, 01:41
Apparently episode 2 was actually supposed to be the 'pilot' episode, seems fox is at it again even after the firefly fiasco :rolleyes:

I thought episode 1 was 'OK'...about to watch episode 2..but i dont have high hopes for this show, you know how 'FOX' is for cancelling any show that is actually good...
No this ep wasn't the original pilot, that got canned and then totally reshot.

cimt
23-02-2009, 02:53
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the original pilot became the second episode?

Tezcatlipoca
09-04-2009, 23:07
FOX strikes again...

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/will-fox-air-only-12-of-d.php

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Cleared up a bit...

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b117929_Will_Fox_Air_Dollhouses_Final_Episode_or_N ot.html

moaningmags
09-04-2009, 23:14
Getting page cannot be displayed with 2nd link

Peter_
09-04-2009, 23:18
I get this on the 2nd link

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is

redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

cimt
09-04-2009, 23:26
Try using a different browser for the second link, it doesn't always work.

Peter_
09-04-2009, 23:30
Try using a different browser for the second link, it doesn't always work.
Using Firefox in Linux so probably need my daughters Vista lappy to use IE

moaningmags
09-04-2009, 23:32
Using IE7 here.

icestar2
09-04-2009, 23:37
FOX strikes again...

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/will-fox-air-only-12-of-d.php

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Cleared up a bit...

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b117929_Will_Fox_Air_Dollhouses_Final_Episode_or_N ot.html

hmmm guess we should expect things like this by now from Fox :mad:

Tezcatlipoca
10-04-2009, 02:17
The 2nd link was posted by Felicia Day on Twitter, which is perhaps why it died earlier. Works now.

From the 2nd link's explanation, it doesn't sound too bad, & isn't an indication of cancellation.

icestar2
12-04-2009, 02:13
The 2nd link was posted by Felicia Day on Twitter, which is perhaps why it died earlier. Works now.

From the 2nd link's explanation, it doesn't sound too bad, & isn't an indication of cancellation.

From what am reading around the net its looking as if this along with TSCC is getting canned. Sad really as I really enjoyed this weeks episode :(

moaningmags
12-04-2009, 02:16
Yup, it was a really good episode and you just know she knows more than she's letting on.

cimt
16-05-2009, 15:42
Good news! It has suprisingly been renewed!

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b124338_this_just_in_dollhouse_renewed_season.html

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/dollhouse-second-season.html

If it is true, then they're airing it on Fridays again...

Tezcatlipoca
16-05-2009, 16:08
Wow... wasn't expecting that tbh :)

Prob. doesn't bode well for T:SCC though... can't see FOX renewing two struggling genre shows.

icestar2
17-05-2009, 17:12
Wow... wasn't expecting that tbh :)

Prob. doesn't bode well for T:SCC though... can't see FOX renewing two struggling genre shows.

I think they can see that it has potential. I would say it will need some better writing though if its going to last the course because to me it was a bit of hit and miss episode by episode if that makes sense.

Still good news :)

Still hope for more T:SCC because it really seemed to find its feet towards the end of season 2 but I think there's not much chance :(

cimt
17-05-2009, 17:28
The thing is, it'd probably get more viewers if it was a bit more fast paced. Same goes for T:SCC. They were both pretty slow paced apart from the odd episode.

Tezcatlipoca
20-07-2009, 21:56
The Region 1 DVD / Region A Blu-ray Disc of the first season of "Dollhouse" is due for release in a week.

So, of course, the DVD/BD-only unaired 13th episode, "Epitaph One", has already appeared in certain places...

cimt
31-07-2009, 09:45
I'm currently watching the 13th episode and it seems really interesting so far. Good to see how things started out and what happens in the future.

Tezcatlipoca
02-08-2009, 00:00
I thought it was an excellent end to the season.

Pity they didn't get to see it on TV in the US, although I think that it is going to be broadcast during the current run on SCI FI in the UK.