PDA

View Full Version : Virgin internet quality in Gosport area.

Hiawatha
12-02-2009, 19:55
I'm thinking of leaving my adsl isp due to poor speeds and connection issues, and migrating to cable. I live in an area where Virgin Media fibre optics is available, so I'm just wondering if there are anyone from Gosport area here who could tell me a little about their connection quality and internet speeds?

Maggy
12-02-2009, 21:05
I'm thinking of leaving my adsl isp due to poor speeds and connection issues, and migrating to cable. I live in an area where Virgin Media fibre optics is available, so I'm just wondering if there are anyone from Gosport area here who could tell me a little about their connection quality and internet speeds?

Well depends on what you want...I'm pretty happy with the 2MB I'm on but then I'm not a very heavy downloader anyway..As long as I obey the STM rules I pretty much get 2MB most times.The only time I don't get it is because where I'm downloading from limits bandwidth.

I'm out in Lee by the way. :)

Peter_
12-02-2009, 21:46
Here is a link to the website and the new minimum is 10Mb for new customers.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/service.do?id=2

Hiawatha
13-02-2009, 01:02
Thanks for the reply.
The reason for my thread is because Virgin Media have gotten overall quite bad users reviews, but I know it's very related to areas around the UK. I'm with BeUnlimited right now, but I'm too far away from the exchange, so my quoted speed of 24Mbit is only 3Mbit and constantly disconnecting. The problem is that all DSL providers is going to give me the same problems, so that's why I'm curious about cable.

So are there anyone out there in Gosport who thinks I shouldn't migrate to Virgin? Any issues at all around ELSON area with Virgin?