PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb modem (Strange problem)

broadbandking
12-02-2009, 14:18
I have the 50Mb service and every now and then the upstream and downstream light goes off and stays off until I reboot the modem no change is speed and the internet is still working just little strange as to why the lights go off.

Any clues anyone?

Peter_
12-02-2009, 20:41
I have the 50Mb service and every now and then the upstream and downstream light goes off and stays off until I reboot the modem no change is speed and the internet is still working just little strange as to why the lights go off.

Any clues anyone?
Modem faulty and may need replacing;)

piggy
12-02-2009, 21:25
Modem faulty and may need replacing;)

OR modems is fine and thats how it is.

Sambora
12-02-2009, 22:19

Any clues anyone?

Maybe the Cisco 10K isn't zeroing a buffer correctly?

;-)

Don't assume it is modem problem!!

Peter_
12-02-2009, 23:10
Maybe the Cisco 10K isn't zeroing a buffer correctly?

;-)

Don't assume it is modem problem!!
Probably needs to call in to get it checked.

Sambora
12-02-2009, 23:35

I suspect bbking knows EXACTLY what I am talking about.
I suspect you don't have a clue.
"call in" may not be what bbking is looking for
Let's wait & see

broadbandking
12-02-2009, 23:37
I wouldn't entertain calling in, its not causing a problem so I aint worrying too much yet

Peter_
12-02-2009, 23:56
I suspect bbking knows EXACTLY what I am talking about.
I suspect you don't have a clue.
"call in" may not be what bbking is looking for
Let's wait & see
If he is happy not calling in then what do think he is looking for and please provide his answer.

I do know why he is not calling in though.

piggy
13-02-2009, 09:04

the product is still very new and most techs havnt even seen it, if it works ok leave it alone and lets wait and see. it might even be a normal symptom.

Peter_
13-02-2009, 09:26
the product is still very new and most techs havnt even seen it, if it works ok leave it alone and lets wait and see. it might even be a normal symptom.
Most techs will not see it either as they are sending out only techs who have had training on 50Mb.

It is supposed to behave like an Ambit 256 and its lights do not freeze so not normal, but it is new kit.

broadbandking
13-02-2009, 09:38
If he is happy not calling in then what do think he is looking for and please provide his answer.

I do know why he is not calling in though.

Why do you think I am not calling in?

|Kippa|
13-02-2009, 11:20
It's not a problem, it is an added feature. :)

marv69
23-02-2009, 03:41
mines doing the same but thats not my main issue.
seems when i download a few big files around 4gig or so i seem to get limited to 10meg, ive had virgin on the phone twice now allso had engineers out and none of them seem to know whats causing it. :(

to me it feels like im being capped/throttled.