PDA

View Full Version : Why has the logging access to my modem been disabled?

Streetracer_UK
11-02-2009, 00:17
Thought I'd have a bit look at the logs on the modem, just to while away the time - and every page bar the first one (which gives upstream/downstream power etc) redirects to http://192.168.100.1/disabled.htm with the message:

"This feature is not enabled.
This feature has not been enabled in your cable modem.

Please contact your data services provider for more information about this feature and its availability on the network.

To exit this page, click on the "Back" button on your browser tool bar to return to the previous page or click on the "System" link above."

Anyone else had the same? I'm on 20mbit ex telewest with a Scientific Atlanta DPX-100

moaningmags
11-02-2009, 00:23
It's an issue you need to make them aware of, it's been cropping up a lot lately, and you also need a new modem as the one you have doesn't support 20Mb.

Streetracer_UK
11-02-2009, 00:36
It's an issue you need to make them aware of, it's been cropping up a lot lately, and you also need a new modem as the one you have doesn't support 20Mb.

That's odd, it's supported 20mbit ever since we started on 10mbit and were upgraded...

I can pull 1.8-2.2MB/sec from places like Microsoft.com and the newsgroups without any hassle.

Can someone post up the actual links for the pages, as I think only the launch page has the redirects changed to /disabled.htm.

example: 192.168.100.1/log.htm or whatever it is.

moaningmags
11-02-2009, 00:39
Well since the launch of 20Mb, we've repeatedly and routinely swapped that modem out but if it's giving you 20Mb, feel free to continue to use it.

The problem you mentioned above is a known issue with no resolution as yet.

Stuart
11-02-2009, 01:25
That's odd, it's supported 20mbit ever since we started on 10mbit and were upgraded...

It may be capable of handling 20 meg. It may be reliable at handling 20 meg. However, as users of certain modems can testify, Virgin have been known to tweak settings on the network (such as switching QAM) that have left a lot of the older modems not working reliably

Streetracer_UK
11-02-2009, 01:42
Hmm, I'm not doubting any problems others have experienced - I'm just saying that I haven't noticed any problems with it, and this was ever since the 20mbit rollout way back when.

Can anyone with a DPX100 (if any exist on the network, that is) post up the links to the signal, status and log pages? (as seen in the lower part of your favoured web browser window) :)

Additional - I've found references to the V1 hardware on the DPX-100 as being flaky above 6mbit, but the V2.1 (of which mine is one) should be fine for 20mbit.

Peter_
11-02-2009, 08:05
Hmm, I'm not doubting any problems others have experienced - I'm just saying that I haven't noticed any problems with it, and this was ever since the 20mbit rollout way back when.

Can anyone with a DPX100 (if any exist on the network, that is) post up the links to the signal, status and log pages? (as seen in the lower part of your favoured web browser window) :)

Additional - I've found references to the V1 hardware on the DPX-100 as being flaky above 6mbit, but the V2.1 (of which mine is one) should be fine for 20mbit.

That should be 192.168.100.1/gscan.htm for a DPX100, or you can do http://192.168.100.1/gscan.cgi?freq=0 even click if you want and your modem frequency will set to 0, reboot and cycle to the correct frequency.

That modem is not classed as 20Mb capable and if you call in on 20Mb they will automatically offer you a new modem as all accounts such as yours now have a splash screen telling the CSR to swap the modem.