PDA

View Full Version : Worst Virgin installation I've ever seen

nialli
07-02-2009, 17:18
I couldn't believe the state a Virgin Media installer left the cable in when he left a neighbour's house this weekend. They can't even tack it to the wall as it's too taut with no slack - and it comes out a good five inches from the wall. It's not someone's drive - it's a street, and quite a busy one, too.
It's appallingly slack work. It shows a complete lack of care and attention and no wonder the company's customer service is often ridiculed. I'm sure the guy was in a hurry, but when will the company realise that some corners just ain't worth cutting???
(anyone from Virgin reading this - please PM me and I'll send you the location so you can sort it out.)

Stuart
07-02-2009, 17:53
(anyone from Virgin reading this - please PM me and I'll send you the location so you can sort it out.)

Nialli,before you give out locations to people you don't know on a forum, I would advise you to check with the admin team. We do have ways of verifying they are virgin staff.

nialli
07-02-2009, 18:30
Nialli,before you give out locations to people you don't know on a forum, I would advise you to check with the admin team. We do have ways of verifying they are virgin staff.

Will do.

BenMcr
07-02-2009, 18:35
Oh dear christ that is terrible

Mick Fisher
07-02-2009, 18:44
That really is appalling.

How long before someone hooks their leg in that semi-loop at the bottom, falls ass over tit and then justifiably, IMO,sues the ass off VM.

WHISTLED
07-02-2009, 18:46
Seen worse, look at the facebook group.

Also the sky engineers one is funny too

WelshPaul
09-02-2009, 21:47
Someone is going to use that to sue VM, one trip and and it's going to cost them thousands!

Callumpy
09-02-2009, 22:55
accidentally trip over it, then theyll do somthing about it

Digital Fanatic
09-02-2009, 23:44
Jeez! that is p*ss poor! :shocked:

moaningmags
10-02-2009, 00:29
I couldn't believe the state a Virgin Media installer left the cable in when he left a neighbour's house this weekend.

I can't believe the neighbour let him leave with it like that :shocked:

dd11
10-02-2009, 00:47
blimey, someone was in a hurry. Didn't think Virgin was so in demand at the mo.

my installer left the cables loose without a box outside my front gate, stayed like it for a good year (luckily its just behind a lampost so didn't get damaged), untill i got V+ and that guy sorted it for me.

Wollatonphil
10-02-2009, 11:06
shocking

nialli
10-02-2009, 13:01
Someone from Virgin's offered to help sort it out, but the neighbour's away this week so I'll wait until her return before forwarding details.

One question: there's no protection at the foot of the cable (no plastic cover) - when that fills up with water (like it did last night) is the service likely to suffer?

Welshchris
10-02-2009, 13:27
The worst one i ever saw was in someones bedroom, they run the lead for the modem, DIDNT tack it to the wall, run it along the floor across the center of the room, put a rug ontop of the lead and left a coil of wire under the bed incase the decide they wanted to tack it to the wall themselves.

Darrenp
11-02-2009, 00:56
The worst one i ever saw was in someones bedroom, they run the lead for the modem, DIDNT tack it to the wall, run it along the floor across the center of the room, put a rug ontop of the lead and left a coil of wire under the bed incase the decide they wanted to tack it to the wall themselves.

Sounds like mine, although I did ask him to leave it like that. :D

Actually, mine aint quite as bad, it's coiled up behind the headboard.

jaym812
14-02-2009, 06:14
Seen worse, look at the facebook group.

Also the sky engineers one is funny too

what the link to the facebook group

Welshchris
14-02-2009, 13:40
Jay... the engineer my sister had for sky shouldnt have been an engineer. Now i have nothing against those with injuries or disabilities but his disability meant he had problems doing his job. he only had 2 fingers on one hand meaning he couldnt hold leads, fit leads into the TV etc i ended up having to do the setup part at the TV and helped him tack the leads to the wall.

thamesvalley
21-02-2009, 22:03
Someone from Virgin's offered to help sort it out, but the neighbour's away this week so I'll wait until her return before forwarding details.

One question: there's no protection at the foot of the cable (no plastic cover) - when that fills up with water (like it did last night) is the service likely to suffer?

No, it sould be fine providing the cable is in tact and has not been damaged or spliced - the water wont have any way of getting in.

MovieMad
22-02-2009, 20:25
I would just like to ask was the install done with 1 guy or 2 guys . If it was 1 guy then more that likely he has advised his super of this . If on the other hand it was a 2 man crew that is shocking . I myself am a one man crew an would have rang my super to get a 2 man crew round to sort it out , drop the cable under ground and fit a length of riser guard . Most 1 man crews dont carry the strips or riser guard .

wozbit
22-02-2009, 23:28
Hi there, Here is my :mad: story

Signed up to virgin after having BT for a while but really missed having fast broadband from Telewest so could not wait to get back to cable.

This has been a nightmare from day one.

First, the VM guy turns up and could not find the T-Point in the road where the cable comes out from the road in to front garden but my neighbour has theres but their not using it so to my horror he then takes their one off and plugs it in to our new junction box. This cant be right or can it ????

Second, he the sets it all up but not the wireless router and drives off leaving me to it but hay guess what i cant conect to the Net so a phone call to tech support and 20 mins later all done.

Third thing, there is now a fault with the cable and after 3 phone calls they have found the fault so they send another VM guy to see if he can fix it but even he could no belive that i did not have my own cable and using next doors so he could not do anything and left. A week goes by and on the phone again.

They then send out two VM guys to relay a 70 cable but as from day one there is no T-Point so they spray a green patch on the floor and say they cant help and they leave.

7 phone call later to find what the hell is going on, VM say the work has been done and signed off and the VM guys have been paid for the job so that it.

Another phone call asking to cancel my service they ask why so i tell them what im telling you and was told that my account has been passed to the mangement who would call me in 1 - 2 days, well its been a week and nothing.

So am i in my right to cancel this contract and go back to BT because at least theirs worked.

Any answer appreciated..............

KingDaveRa
23-02-2009, 15:34
what the link to the facebook group

Seconded. Links please!

lymmranger
23-02-2009, 15:48
I cant find it either

nialli
24-02-2009, 19:09
Just to refer back to my OP - thanks to Ben at Virgin, the shoddy work (by a single VM guy) was re-done this afternoon by a two-man team who've tidied everything away - the cable now runs through the wall as you'd expect at ground level.

RS100
26-02-2009, 20:52
very bad install there

mr,m
27-02-2009, 09:45
Looks like Sky have installation glitches too sometimes ;)

NewYorkGuy
03-03-2009, 03:41
that installer needs training!

georgepomone
03-03-2009, 15:02
There are ten dishes. Likes his telly.
George.

mr,m
03-03-2009, 15:29
I just counted 11,lol.

georgepomone
03-03-2009, 16:39
I just counted 11,lol.

You are right-didn't see that tiny one.
George.:)

virgin_tech
03-03-2009, 21:19
i've not been on here for a while, but virgin need to kill all the dodgy contractors, some are good and some are real ****.

the stuff i see makes this install look like a great job, at least he has his own drop cable and his own phone line and not had someone else's number given to him lol,

please understand these are contractors who do the installs, even though virgin are gettin rid of the jobs where we check install quality, please dont think this will get worse, he he haa..