PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow outage

Chris Edwards
07-02-2009, 13:01
Cablemodem and TV both completely dead here in G62 / Milngavie since late Thursday evening.

Nothing on the status webpage. Recorded phone message has said "our engineer is fixing it right now..." for some time :(

Anyone any idea what's happening ?

Thanks!

joglynne
07-02-2009, 13:12
I've had a look in the newsgroups for you and found the following:-

Raised : 5 Feb, 2009 16:16
Name : Claire Kelly, Outage Surveillence Team
Ticket Number : 898817
Estimated Resolution : 4 hours
Priority : P1
Services Affected: Broadband Internet, Digital TV

Description :
Customers in the G62 area of Glasgow may currently
be experiencing a loss of their broadband Internet
and digital TV. Our engineers are now
investigating this issue.

Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience
caused.

- Virgin Media Technical Support

Updates:
--------

Date : 6 Feb, 2009 08:27
Name : Richard Harrington
Estimated Resolution : 4 hours

Description :
We have been advised by our engineers that this
fault is now resolved. The cause of the fault was
a faulty power supply unit, which has now been
replaced.
Virgin Media would like to apologise for any
inconvenience caused.

- Virgin Media Technical Support

It looks like VM think they have sorted out the problem in your area so if you still have no connection you are best contacting them. I hope you are sorted soon.

Chris Edwards
07-02-2009, 14:41
Ah - thanks. I'd forgotten about the newsgroup route.

From the "status" website and the phone recorded messages, it seems there were problems in other areas of Glasgow (G7-something?) starting at a similar time, and also resulting in total loss of everything cable-related. However, the other area was apparently resolved yesterday.

Still nothing here in G62 ( a friend some distance away is also out ) and the phone recorded message acknowledges this, still saying they're working on it.

It kinda sounds like the tickets and/or news postings have gotten slightly muxed ip...

EDIT - went past the recorded phone msg this time, and spoke to a bloke who recon'd G62 hopefully fixed by sometime this evening.

Fingers crossed ;)

joglynne
07-02-2009, 15:03
Ah yes, I did notice problems showing for the G72 and G73 areas. As you say fingers crossed. :)

deakin
07-02-2009, 15:11
G72 area myself(cambuslang) i've not noticed any problems here. Well one small speed issue but thats for another thread :D

Chris Edwards
08-02-2009, 13:27
Still nothing :( Recorded message re G62 area problems is unchanged - apparently the engineer is still "fixing it right now"...