PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about VM's 50Mb tier...

SteevieNiteHeat
06-02-2009, 19:24
As the title says, I got a quick question.

Say I wanted to try the 50Mb tier, is there any way I could try it and if I didnt like it cancel before the 30 days is up and not be charged for it?

I am expressing some interest, but if it dont perform upto standard then it wont be any good for me and will stay on my existing tier.

Can anybody help me please?

Peter_
06-02-2009, 20:27
Well as they want £80 upfront for delivery and installation I think it would be a expensive 30 day trial.:D

Remember it has to be a manned install, so you have to pay for the engineer.

SteevieNiteHeat
06-02-2009, 20:37
£80 for delivery & installation? what a blatant rip-off!!
I have a spare coax line and being as I already have all services (minus broadband as Im a business user) how can they justify such a price? and surely it would be refundable, especially IF (which I highly suspect will be the case) the product it way under par.

I just want to see how good it performs before I jump into a contract with them, and they do say there is a 30day money back guarentee. man Im more confused than ever now!

Peter_
06-02-2009, 20:41
£80 for delivery & installation? what a blatant rip-off!!
I have a spare coax line and being as I already have all services (minus broadband as Im a business user) how can they justify such a price? and surely it would be refundable, especially IF (which I highly suspect will be the case) the product it way under par.

I just want to see how good it performs before I jump into a contract with them, and they do say there is a 30day money back guarentee. man Im more confused than ever now!
Check this thread out especially the answers Benmcr gives click HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33645255-vip-package-upgrade-confusion.html#post34728878)

SteevieNiteHeat
06-02-2009, 20:44
Check this thread out especially the answers Benmcr gives click HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33645255-vip-package-upgrade-confusion)

that link dont work dude, it just goes to the main cable forum board :confused:

Peter_
06-02-2009, 20:47
that link dont work dude, it just goes to the main cable forum board :confused:
Try it now I think I clicked twice first time:D

SteevieNiteHeat
06-02-2009, 20:52
Try it now I think I clicked twice first time:D

cheers dude, link working now and am gonna read it and digest it all :) thanks :)

Pushkar
06-02-2009, 21:15
Well you sign a new 12 month contract if you do upgrade, however there is a 7 day get out of jail free card if you don't like the service, however there is a sting in the tail, and that sting is you will still need to pay £50 + 30 for router/stick and the installation.

EDIT: Just read the letter I got when I upgraded, you can't cancel it if you use the broadband, so effectively it's lost. so you'd be able to downgrade back to your package, but you still pay the £80.

General Maximus
06-02-2009, 22:24
it still winds me up that i am being forced to pay for a router and usb stick that i dont want.

BenMcr
06-02-2009, 22:27
EDIT: Just read the letter I got when I upgraded, you can't cancel it if you use the broadband, so effectively it's lost. so you'd be able to downgrade back to your package, but you still pay the £80.
You should get the full 28 days MBG because 50Mbit is really a new service.

The 7 day thing is only if you are upgrading without an equipment change or installation (i.e M to L/XL etc)

Can you scan the letter at all?

Pushkar
06-02-2009, 23:58
You should get the full 28 days MBG because 50Mbit is really a new service.

The 7 day thing is only if you are upgrading without an equipment change or installation (i.e M to L/XL etc)

Can you scan the letter at all?

I'll do it tomorrow morning! :)

SteevieNiteHeat
07-02-2009, 00:41
snip:

but im on business level broadband not normal res broadband, and would like just to see if it will be better for me in the long run, as if it cant perform as solid as my current package does then there is no point, so where do i stand with that?

During the time i (if it was possible to) trial the 50Mb tier, i would still keep the business tier on as a fall back just in case I didnt like 50Mb, but it seems so complicated now, and I dont think I will bother, after all, if it aint broke, dont fix it eh!

BenMcr
07-02-2009, 01:17
You wouldn't be able to upgrade from a business tier to a residential tier anyway. Also you can not normally have a residential service and a business service in the same address