PDA

View Full Version : Offline for a whole week and still offline..

AnnaW
06-02-2009, 11:24
Ever since last week (Thursday) Me and the rest of the household have yet been able to use Internet at home. The modem (a Motorla SB5101E Surfboard modem) log shows a lot of T3 time outs and SYNC Timing Synchronization failure.

We been in contact with Virgin Media but they want to send a technician. That would be great if it was not that everyone in my household have work until the evening.

As we been offline for a whole week I started to think it must only be us that is offline. If someone else had the same problems it should have been fixed by now.

Is there anything I can do before I have to take a day off from work to get this technician from VM to visit us?

Russ
06-02-2009, 11:35
Sorry to hear about your hassles with VM.

On Cable Forum we have high level contacts in to them, if you want us to pass your details on to them, send me a PM with your name and phone number and I'll email them.

moaningmags
06-02-2009, 12:54
They have tech slots available 6 days a week 8-12 12-4 and 4-7.
If they say they need to send a tech then yes it's an issue that only you're having and can only be fixed by a tech visit.

Peter_
06-02-2009, 20:10
Ever since last week (Thursday) Me and the rest of the household have yet been able to use Internet at home. The modem (a Motorla SB5101E Surfboard modem) log shows a lot of T3 time outs and SYNC Timing Synchronization failure.

We been in contact with Virgin Media but they want to send a technician. That would be great if it was not that everyone in my household have work until the evening.

As we been offline for a whole week I started to think it must only be us that is offline. If someone else had the same problems it should have been fixed by now.

Is there anything I can do before I have to take a day off from work to get this technician from VM to visit us?
If they can see that the fault is only in your property then they would have to send out a engineer as the is no way they can fix it unless they are Harry Potter, I had a send light flashing on my Motorola SB5100 and it required an engineer visit as it was only my modem that was offline and my neighbour who is also with Virgin was unaffected and nor was my sister in law who lives in the same road.

You will have to accept a engineer timeslot from them or cancel your contract, its your choice.

Darrenp
06-02-2009, 22:44
Why can't they just send out a new modem??

moaningmags
06-02-2009, 22:47

It might not be the modem causing the issue, could be the cabling to the house, and a new modem will be more frustrating if the issue continues after they get it.

Peter_
06-02-2009, 22:53
Because that probably would not fix the fault because the issue may be in the cabinet at the end of the road or even a damaged external cable, the cheap option would be just to send a modem but if it does not fix the fault then the customer gets more frustrated and the costs go up because a engineer gets sent out.

I would prefer a first time fix and so would virtually everyone else, so accept a timeslot for an engineer and get it fixed.

Snap Mags:D

graf_von_anonym
07-02-2009, 03:22
It doesn't need to be you that's in, just someone over the age of 18 with your permission. If the worst comes to the worst get your mother-in-law round and make sure you've stocked up on biscuits.