PDA

View Full Version : V+ v Sky+ HD

ngame
04-02-2009, 16:13
Hi Guys

New to the site so i apologise if this has been discussed before. I have had a V+ box for the past year or so and have just had SKY+ HD installed for the sports and movies HD channels. I've noticed a big difference in the picture quality on the standard channels. On V+ they were bright and clear with no noise and I amazed at how bad it is through the SKY+ HD box, colours are dull, no clarity and there is a lot of noise on the picture. In both cases i am connecting using a HDMI cable. Has anybody else come across this poor picture quality on the standard def channels?

Raistlin
04-02-2009, 16:18
Moved to Sky HDTV and Sky +.

:welcome: to Cable Forum :)

demented
04-02-2009, 16:41
Yes. It's just low bitrates. It varies over time and from channel to channel but the sky movie channels tend to use about 2-2.5Mbs.

I disagree about the movie channels on V+. They look better than on Sky but are still extremely poor and washed out. Bitrates are just far too low. True of other channels but hey.

NO ONE
07-02-2009, 00:27
at the moment I Stil the Old C r t type Tv But if i had a Hd tv it wood Hava to be Sky Hd For Me thre is Moore Choice Withe Sky then with VM