PDA

View Full Version : For a change...A recomendation for VM 50mb service

tombs
04-02-2009, 00:12
Hi,:)
New here but read at great length all the postings relating to the VM 50mb service. I’ve been a customer since year dot when Telewest first introduced cable in the Sutton area and I have upgraded every time there was increase in broadband services. And it’s always easy to knock a company when they mess up, so I thought pat on the back was in order.

I have to say I have always been impressed with the service I have received from Telewest and now VM. So 3 weeks ago I decided to upgrade to the 50mb service, I booked an appointment and waited patiently.......till 5.30 and no sign of engineer! So after a phone call to the customer service centre and then the sales team at VM it appears my booking was cancelled by mistake. Ok, I'm a little annoyed (I work from home anyway so it’s not as if I needed to take the day of...but VM don’t know that!), so I tell them I'm no longer interested. About 5 minutes later a person from VM calls me to ask if I'd be interested in the 50mb service if they waiver the £30.00 installation fee, so were on again. This time all goes according to plan, the free router turns up with a wirelesses usb key and I'm also phoned to confirm my installation 2 days before. On the day the engineer turns up and sets about installing the modem. I don’t want to replace my current router and set up so it’s a straight forward job, within 20 minutes I'm downloading at 45ishmbs! Cool!
30 minutes after the engineer leaves the connection goes down! So, a phone call to VM and they get the engineer back within 45 minutes. He has gone to his second installation and assigned that modem to my account by mistake! So he swaps over modems and were up and running again.

Ok, so there were a few teething problems, but on the whole I'm considerably happy with VM. They followed up the installation with a courtesy call and to date everything is running fine...thumbs up to VM for a change!:tu:

Cheers

Tom

keyholder
04-02-2009, 00:31
sounds like **** poor comunication from company to the customer again.

aye thumbs up for the muppets who work there :td:

seems like the engineers are thinking " oh what the hell " more and more now, When i joined up 2 years ago with VM, in all i had 6 months of free services due to VM engineer screw ups :D 2 megBB, L fone. M tv :D

tombs
04-02-2009, 00:36
sounds like **** poor comunication from company to the customer again.

aye thumbs up for the muppets who work there :td:

seems like the engineers are thinking " oh what the hell " more and more now, When i joined up 2 years ago with VM, in all i had 6 months of free services due to VM engineer screw ups :D 2 megBB, L fone. M tv :D

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I'm the customer in this scenario and I think VM did a good job.
Not everyone at VM can be muppet....plus the Muppets were good!

The_Gunslinger
04-02-2009, 02:27
He has gone to his second installation and assigned that modem to my account by mistake!

that's somewhat careless to say the least, especially as they are supposed to call through to activate the connection to modem mac address while they are there with the thing in front of them

Good to see they do have the power to waive that installation fee though, and i guess return time to fix the issue was good, even if it was self inflicted

keyholder
04-02-2009, 10:36
that's somewhat careless to say the least, especially as they are supposed to call through to activate the connection to modem mac address while they are there with the thing in front of them

Yep. same as the Setop boxes, You get a wrong card , and you wont get no tv.

For a simple mistake like this from the engineer shrugging his soliders and saying oh well, Must be a night mare for CS guys.