PDA

View Full Version : help please

RAY0711
03-02-2009, 21:36
hi guys ,

Glad i found the forum . i am not pc savvy , i wanted 10meg b/band the samsung box is not capable of that speed .
today i received a modemso i can get 10.meg performance , (modem e08co13.00 ) . but i use my set to box to watch tv , so when i want to use the internet i have to connect the cable to the modem , so i cant watch tv at the same time .
Can i get a splitter or something so i can actually use both at the same time .

I :confused::confused::confused:am so confused . i registered the modem today MAC address at 16:30 hrs . they said it will be activated within 72 hours , plz help .

thank you .
Raymond .

moaningmags
03-02-2009, 22:43
You need a splitter, a call to VM will get the arranged or they will come out and fit it for you.

RAY0711
03-02-2009, 22:50
thanks very much .:)

homealone
03-02-2009, 22:55
thanks very much .:)

you 'should' have been provided with a splitter and appropriate cables along with the modem, seeing as it is a set top box enhancement - it looks like it was treated just as a modem replacement.

As Mags says, give them a ring & you should get sorted out.

:welcome: btw

RAY0711
03-02-2009, 22:58
you 'should' have been provided with a splitter and appropriate cables along with the modem, seeing as it is a set top box enhancement - it looks like it was treated just as a modem replacement.

As Mags says, give them a ring & you should get sorted out.

:welcome: btw
i did tell them that i was using set top box .
i phoned VM and they said they wont send me a splitter ,

homealone
03-02-2009, 23:11
i did tell them that i was using set top box .
i phoned VM and they said they wont send me a splitter ,

Try again in the morning, hopefully you will get a UK agent who will be more aware that it is their mistake not to provide you with the correct equipment.

Failing that, a post in the support newsgroup may be in order, but try the phone first if you are not 'savvy' - although we will help if it does come to it :)

RAY0711
03-02-2009, 23:34
thank you .my mind is at rest now .:)