PDA

View Full Version : number port

Down the Pub
31-01-2009, 20:18
when rearranging my transfer of services to new house, i asked for my old number to be ported.

now everything was installed, but when the engie gave me the phone number - it was different to my number. how long does it take for numbers to be ported. i gave notice over 2 weeks ago of the move and wanting the number porting - services off just over a weeks ago - and reinstalled today.

and is cs get my number back before it goes into the churn ready for redistribution?

BenMcr
31-01-2009, 20:25
The number should have been on the line at install

Was the number on a BT or Virgin line at the old address? Is it going on a BT or Virgin line in the new property?

Was it a BT number or cable number originally?

Are you still in the same dialling code?

Down the Pub
31-01-2009, 20:56
The number should have been on the line at install

Was the number on a BT or Virgin line at the old address? Is it going on a BT or Virgin line in the new property?

Was it a BT number or cable number originally?

Are you still in the same dialling code?

twas a vm line and number and still in the same dialling code

BenMcr
31-01-2009, 21:04
In that case it should be easy to recover.

The only problems come where a number has been ported in from BT

Phone on Monday and they should be able to get your old number back by Wednesday at the latest (and probably by Tuesday)

Down the Pub
31-01-2009, 21:09
In that case it should be easy to recover.

The only problems come where a number has been ported in from BT

Phone on Monday and they should be able to get your old number back by Wednesday at the latest (and probably by Tuesday)

cheers ben, it's just there are more people than i can remember who have my old number so as you can imagine it would be a pain trying to remember everyone to inform.