PDA

View Full Version : Network Timeout (Still Connected)

WadeB
21-01-2009, 18:34
I am having problems with my broadband. I was getting "lag" issues on PS3, so we decided to upgrade our connection speed from 2mb to 10mb. Since we upgraded we have been getting Network Timeout's for around 5 minutes randomly when just browsing the internet, this will happen about 5 times an hour. We rang up Virgin Media and told them about the situation, they gave us step-by-step instructions which we followed but could not fix. We have rang 3 times and have not been able to fix. When we get Network Timeout, all lights on the modem stay online so it shows that we are still online which is mainly one of the reasons Virgin Media cant see any problems with our connection. We have tried disabling our firewalls and resetting the modem along with disconnecting all ethernet cables from our recently installed wireless router (Problems before installation). I can no longer play on my PS3 or Xbox 360 without being disconnected 5 times an hour. Does anybody know how this can be fixed. Please note that I dont really know much about Modems, Routers or even internet connections.

Thanks.

chickendippers
21-01-2009, 19:16
Please visit http://192.168.100.1/ and login (username and password are both "root")
Copy and paste your upstream and downstream levels.

Please also include the type of modem (info on a sticker on the bottom)

WadeB
21-01-2009, 19:22
I dont see no log in panel :(

ps3man
21-01-2009, 19:41
on mine top left in blue just looks like text not a link