PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting Netgear WGT714

donzie
19-01-2009, 16:25
Hi everyone,
this is my first post on this site. I recently had Virgin broadband fitted but bought my own Netgear WRG714 router which is the same one that Virgin would have supplied had I bought it from them for £40. Everything was fine and everytime I logged on to the internet it connected straight away with no problem. But now I can see that Netgear is connected but it just won't let me on the internet and I even have a 'very good' signal sometimes. I do get connected but it is through someone elses unsecured network which is Linksys. It is so infuriating as I'm paying for the Virgin broadband and I just cannot understand why it tells me that my Netgear router is connected but I just can't get online!! Can anyone help me with this please?

LondonRoad
19-01-2009, 16:27
reset everything for a couple of minutes. Try again, booting your laptop up last.

donzie
19-01-2009, 16:31
Thanks but I've tried that. I turn it all off at night anyway but that doesn't work. I'm sure I read somewhere that it could be that the Linksys signal maybe knocking my Netgear out as it may be on the same frequency