PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Technical Support Nightmare (India)

love2learn
15-01-2009, 00:19
I HATE INDIAN CALL CENTRES.

Friday...

Called Virgin Tech support and got through to india, told the women I had slow speeds and she said bear with me a second, and put me through to a tv queue to get rid of me.

Called back and got hung up on.

Called back again, and had to wait 1 hour and 20 mins for them to diagnose it was a modem problem.

Just got the new modem today, and it was giving. 100k/sec download on 20meg service on multiple speed testing websites. Including gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk

NOTE: I work in technical support for another broadband provider, so I know it's not any of the three computer in my house. I know all diagnostics. And all give the same speed test with both the old and new modem.

Called again tonight, got through to India, first person hung up on me, 2nd person hung up on me.

3rd person told me I had a problem with my modem and they would need to send me another. I said... I have just received a new modem, I have the old one sitting here too and I have tried both of them and I am still getting the same speed.

Didn't matter... she argued with me and told me a I need a new modem.

I work for 02 Broadband Technical support and I would never treat a customer in this way. They are utterly not fit for purpose. Customers must be leaving Virgin all the time because of this rubbish. I'm too far away from the exchange or I would be with 02 because as a whole they give far superior customer service. And up untill the last 2 weeks I was extremely happy with Virgin Media broadband... but now it's going down hill big time!!!

I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be calling again because I should get through to a UK call centre. I'm gona get the call logs pulled so that I can get those idiots in India disciplined for dropping calls on me.

Note: Encase your wondering, at no point during any of these calls did I swear or act abusively towards any of the people who answered my calls. Something has to be done about them, and I am absolutely fuming!!!

Joxer
15-01-2009, 00:39
Something is way wrong if both modems still work. Best to phone between 8:00 and 8:30 to get a UK agent.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Besides that you have several other choices - try the support newsgroup, I imagine you can set these up and find the appropriate one so I won't give instructions here.

Post details of the issue here - speed test/download speeds, pings and traceroutes.

Post the power levels from you modem config page at 192.168.100.1.

Whether you are on the ex NTL or telewest network will also be useful, and which modem.

Welshchris
15-01-2009, 02:41
Proberbly find its a UBR problem in the area and will have to wait months for relief.

LaineY
15-01-2009, 03:51
Im assuming you have plugged the modem DIRECTLY in and not through a Wireless Router?

Sorry to hear about the agents issue you had. Which yes is unacceptable and im sure you are taking the correct router.

keep us posted.

love2learn
15-01-2009, 11:33
Im assuming you have plugged the modem DIRECTLY in and not through a Wireless Router?

Sorry to hear about the agents issue you had. Which yes is unacceptable and im sure you are taking the correct router.

keep us posted.

I have tried it directly connected to the computer. As Virgin Media tried to tell me it was my router. I have also tried to with my current router and the brand new netgear router they sent me for free because I asked for it. It was the same speed on all of them.

It's weird, this morning I get up and I'm getting almost the full 20meg, it seems to happen everynight.... this can only be a UBR problem during peak times as my upload speed never drops bellow what it should be only the download. Also they have told me I'm not being traffic managed which I know I shouldn't be because I haven't went near the 3gb limit recently.

I just entered into another 12 month contract with them on a retensions deal... what's the chances of them allowing me to downgrade due to not receiving anywhere near the speed they advertise most of the time?

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Proberbly find its a UBR problem in the area and will have to wait months for relief.

I'm starting to think that myself. I can't believe they are trying to roll out 50meg when the current speeds are not attainable most of the time.

chickendippers
15-01-2009, 12:48
I'm starting to think that myself. I can't believe they are trying to roll out 50meg when the current speeds are not attainable most of the time.
50Mb uses different technology and separate bandwidth from the current tiers.

Stabhappy
15-01-2009, 12:54
Apart from upstream, apparently :P

Jimbo76
15-01-2009, 13:18
Personally I think this is a bad move that a lot of business's have made by outsourcing to foreign countries, they pay these people peanuts as it costs more to employ someone over here. The downfall is that the people in places like india imo dont have sufficient training and hence why you get transfered or hung up on, you get given false information by everyone you talk to.... this is just not Virgin but bt, orange, talk talk and so on.

I recently went onto Orange mobile and have the same problem, false information and they even topped up my mobile without my consent.

UK BUSINESS'S FOR UK EMPLOYEE'S..... it is so rare to talk to a uk based customer service agent these days!

chickendippers
15-01-2009, 14:00
Virgin Mobile's support is exceptional, they even call back at the time and date they promise to!

Jimbo76
15-01-2009, 14:18
^^^ I have just moved from virgin mobile as my daughter and partner moved to Orange.... I think we will all be moving back to Virgin after my poor first impressions of orange

caph
15-01-2009, 19:15
Virgin Mobile's support is exceptional, they even call back at the time and date they promise to!

They promised to ring me back last week. They never did. They're not that great. :(

chickendippers
15-01-2009, 19:17
Fair enough, I've received callbacks as promised on two occasions, which is better than any other company I've had dealings with.

caph
15-01-2009, 19:19

Forget about telephone support. You have to use the newsgroup to get anywhere. Ask them what the utilisation level is on your UBR. I've found them to be incredibly honest about it. You'll also get a reply within 4 hours (working hours that is).

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Fair enough, I've received callbacks as promised on two occasions, which is better than any other company I've had dealings with.

Me too a while back. They used to be great which is why I found it surprising this time round. Maybe just a one off. I'll get round to ringing them again this week.

love2learn
15-01-2009, 19:21
Forget about telephone support. You have to use the newsgroup to get anywhere. Ask them what the utilisation level is on your UBR. I've found them to be incredibly honest about it. You'll also get a reply within 4 hours (working hours that is).

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Me too a while back. They used to be great which is why I found it surprising this time round. Maybe just a one off. I'll get round to ringing them again this week.

I've never used a newsgroup, how do I get there?

chickendippers
15-01-2009, 20:00
Newsgroup instructions: http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/
You'll want to post in virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

qasdfdsaq
16-01-2009, 11:43
I'll reiterate the newsgroups suggestion.

I'd just posted over there for the first time a few days ago, after some folks here referred me to it.

They immediately admitted there was a load problem and that there was nothing wrong with my CPE, and gave me a fault reference no. Unlike India telephone support who continuously denied there was anything wrong and hung up on me like they did on you...