PDA

View Full Version : Tv Installation help

nick_f
10-01-2009, 21:24
Hiya all firstly will the Virgin installers run the cable around the skirting board and over door frame and pin it in place as that is how i currently run my Av cable?
Secondly what colour is the cable as i want a white one?! :)

Thanx in advance

homealone
10-01-2009, 21:44
:welcome:

In my installation the cable is run round the skirting board & pinned in place, It didn't need to go round a door frame, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been a problem. Just make sure you agree with them where it should go before they start work - tea & biccies are always a good idea :)

The cable they installed for me was black outside the house & white inside the house.

Chris
10-01-2009, 21:54
They come equipped to drill through walls if that's what's needed. They readily did so at our old house. The cable is quite thick so possibly isn't suitable for going round a door frame as it may stop the door from closing.

nick_f
10-01-2009, 22:14
Hiya thanx for the replies, oh right did you request white or was that standard?

Why would going round the door frame affect the closing?

Nedkelly
10-01-2009, 22:22
They carry Black and White on the van:)

Chris
10-01-2009, 22:29
Why would going round the door frame affect the closing?

Sorry, I misread that ... thought you mean around it as in round the bottom corner and into the next room. Even so, I'm not sure how good it would look going up and over, it's quite thick cable and might not hug the architrave very closely.

nick_f
10-01-2009, 22:33
They carry Black and White on the van:)

Ok thanx for that.

oh right has anyone else run it round a door frame?
i guess it comes down to bend radius?

beeman
10-01-2009, 22:52
As a carpet fitter ive seen MANY different instellations. from what ive seen the installers will do anything reasonable you ask. As for cable colours you dont really get much of a choise. its (typically) black on the external cabelling white for internal.

There shoulnt bee a problem going round the door frame, Ive seen it done many times and its DEFFENATLY preferable to the other option of going under the carpet (when a cable NEEDS to go from one side of a door to the other).

And as with anytime you have some1 doing work round your house keep the kettle on standby (offer a new cuppa as soon as they've finished their first ;) and plenty of biccys)

chickendippers
10-01-2009, 23:23
Yes they will pin a cable a cable round the door frame if necessary, that's what I've got in my flat.