PDA

View Full Version : CH5 Streaming

bywater
08-01-2009, 22:40
:td: http://demand.five.tv/Home.aspx

Please help. Nothing will stream properly from five on demand site. I have been trying to watch programs all week and nothing will stream just either rebuffers or out of sync. I have been in touch with the website and they say there are no know issues. Other people on other networks and on lower speed than my 10Mb connection seam to get them to play perfectly well. The streaming speed on Virgin Cable seems to be all over the place receiving the stream from as low as 49Kbs up to about 408Kbs. Windows media player reports connection speed at between 1.5 and 3.5Mbs although my general speed tests say that my connection is at full speed. I'm not sure what to do I am desperate to be able to watch a program. Is this a virgin cable issue perhaps some sort of throttling or routing issue. All other streams IE 4OD BBC I Player work perfect although ITV catch up can be a bit hit and miss. I really can't see the point of a fast internet connection if it is incapable of decent streaming. May as well just go back to dial up for basic web browsing. It all seems like a bloody con fast broadband to me. You tube not much better either on a lot of videos. I don't have TV I only get to watch the ocassional program online so am very dissapionted. PS. I've tried connecting with and with out the netgear router no joy. I've also checked for spyware and have closed programs and open connections still the same. A bit P'd of that my friends on talk talk free internet can watch perfectly well while on expensive £24.99 Virgin 10Mbs connection its a no go.