PDA

View Full Version : Weird Problems since last night

Welshchris
08-01-2009, 14:35
Last night after being out for a few hrs i came home and decided to use the net to check my emails and have a chat to a few friends on MSN.

First i noticed i couldnt connect to MSN and then i noticed when i clicked on Firefox that Google thought i was in Poland and the language was set on polish. I manually reset this back to English and after an hour or so went to Youtube and that also was set in Polish.

I cannot connect to some english sites nor MSN unless i use their proxy which at times is really slow. Any ideas?

Kymmy
08-01-2009, 14:42
Try a different DNS (like open dns) and see if you get the same problem

Joxer
08-01-2009, 15:11
I wouldn't have thought changing the dns servers would make any difference. I clicked on a link to the Polish youtube and it took several goes to convince it to go back to English, not that that explains what happened to the OP. Could be a new IP range that you are now in and the geolocation data is not up to date?

Which proxy is it you are using?

General Maximus
08-01-2009, 16:22
maybe Virgin thinks Welsh sounds like Polish? I was speaking to a dude on teamspeak the other day who was from Newcastle and I could swear he was Russian :)

Welshchris
08-01-2009, 16:44
I wouldn't have thought changing the dns servers would make any difference. I clicked on a link to the Polish youtube and it took several goes to convince it to go back to English, not that that explains what happened to the OP. Could be a new IP range that you are now in and the geolocation data is not up to date?

Which proxy is it you are using?

im using webcache.virginmedia.com port 8080

Milambar
08-01-2009, 17:08
I have a similar problem, google and youtube think Im in Israel, and keep forcefully redirecting me to the israel versions of their sites.

No other sites are affected though.