PDA

View Full Version : Odd events in Event Viewer

Wild Oscar
07-01-2009, 13:32
Hello folks! .. I wonder if any techs are around who could have a look at this odd problem!

Basically my 20mb connection went down last night and was gone for about 10 hours (11pm till about 9 this morning) .. very unusual, my connection is usually rock solid!

Anyway I had a look at the Event Viewer in my PC .. and I see loads of this error repeating every 7.07 seconds ..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/908/errortj3.jpg

I should point out here that this is in a Windows 7 beta install .. so that might well be the reason of course! .. just wondering if there have been any problems here-abouts with the network!

I'm in the Medway area .. postcode ME7 .. Thanks for any insights!

nffc
07-01-2009, 14:12
Are you connected to the internet directly to the modem or from behind a router?

Kymmy
07-01-2009, 14:14
Can you disable the IPv6 in the network card proerties..

Wild Oscar
07-01-2009, 14:31
Hello again .. this is a direct connection .. no router or anything like that!

.. and I've now disabled IPv6 in the properties .. let's hope that sorts out the errors! .. I'll keep an eye on it during the day and see what happens.

Of course a beta is exactly that and bound to have a few probs I suppose!

Thanks nffc and Kymmy for your help!

flackingell
07-01-2009, 16:57
From my limited knowledge, looking at the screengrab above it mentions 'failed to obtain lease' - this could be the issue with your ip address - try this;

open the command prompt and type ipconfig/all
You should get a list of info, one of which would show the lease granted/expiry of your ip - if it is expired then you can release and renew it with the following;

ipconfig/release

ipconfig/renew

And that, in theory should work! Hope that helps :)

xocemp
07-01-2009, 19:06
Lease couldn't be obtained because we don't use IPv6.

Rik
07-01-2009, 22:00
I have to agree with the posts above, i suspect the error messages are down to IPv6 being enabled and the NIC trying to aqquire an IPv6 address.

Windows 7 is looking promising tho isnt it? ;)