PDA

View Full Version : Any tech supports got 5 mins?

timn64
31-12-2008, 22:44
I have been having problems with my account since I moved house, I think I have posted a brief description on here at some point but some of the issues are still not resolved.

What I am after is a bit of advise as to why these problems are there and how I could 'talk the cs advisor' through sorting them for me. I can't believe that I am even having to post on here to ask but it's now been 6 months since I moved and after repeated calls and emails I still have a few problems!

The short version is that when I moved there were problems migrating my account but eventually after a call to retentions someone called me up and sorted my email accounts to save me cancelling. However I don't think anything else was done.

Webspace: I can't access it, I assume it something to do with permissions but no-one I have spoken to has resolved it. Why wouldn't I have access to it and how is this solved?

Selfcare: After repeated calls I now have access to my account through selfcare, however I don't have permission to change anything. My main concern is email passwords, My laptop HDD has failed and I have no idea what the PW is for my wife's account and I can't change it to something new. Tried deleting, creating accounts and same error message! Is this related to the above.

To be honest, I'm off as soon as my 12 months is done so if I can get these two sorted I can get through until then but I really need to know what to say to the tech support when I eventually get through to them.

Thanks
Tim

moaningmags
31-12-2008, 23:17
I'd suggest posting in the virgin media support newsgroups, particularly if you are ex-ntl.

Or call in and adv you are unable to access your existing email accounts or webspace.

timn64
01-01-2009, 14:34
Thanks, I'll check out the newsgroups.

Or call in and adv you are unable to access your existing email accounts or webspace.
Been there done that. repeatedly! Been fobbed off everytime and assured it will be sorted usually within 7 days but have had variations as low as 2 hours
on one occasion.