PDA

View Full Version : When are VM going to sort the false STM trigger out!!!!!!

Noggo
22-12-2008, 22:02
I had a false STM trigger yesterday. First time I've had it tho, but I've read about it many times before. I scheduled WOW addon and yu-gi-oh on-line dualing game for the Nephew yesterday morning and only about 300MB when over 10AM, then only a little surfing until 11ish. Then the PC was switched off until 3:30 after the Baggies match, boing! boing! (missing daytime STM). After that it was only used online gaming, which I came off gaming around 5:30 and I was STM'd. 1½ hours of on-line gaming isn't going to trigger STM :( @ around 15KB/s transfer rate).

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/03/39.png

When are they going to sort it out with the cisco patch they've had for ages or is the XL move to the new DOCSIS 3 network going to cure it? If it's the later, it ain't going to help customers left on DOCSIS 1.

cook1984
23-12-2008, 00:49
Getting Cisco to produce a patch, testing it and then rolling it out nationwide all costs money.

Most people don't know about STM. They just assume their connection is rubbish. VM don't care enough to spend much money on fixing it.

Rone
23-12-2008, 07:30
I had the same thing last week, just the once so far [working from home gives me too much free PC time], once in a while is'nt a worry and i'm hoping its not going to be happening a lot.

broadbandbug
23-12-2008, 07:40
Getting Cisco to produce a patch, testing it and then rolling it out nationwide all costs money.

Most people don't know about STM. They just assume their connection is rubbish. VM don't care enough to spend much money on fixing it.

It is already fixed, tested.. Just needs to be rolled out.. VM just need to get their finger out and upgrade the IOS