PDA

View Full Version : Orange-The Future is no longer bright from where i'm standing!

m419
20-12-2008, 21:47
I've had it with Orange now!

Dodgy Nokia 6500 which they wont take back
Bad reception

And now i've discovered that my number was in use by an ex-Orange customer less than 2 months ago,

I'm getting phone calls and texts for this person all the time, they are annoying, some are from text dating services and some of the content is explicit.

When I tried signing up to Your account on the Orange website, it was locked to the last user of my number and it took Orange nearly a week to clear it!

The mobile networks have been allocated with new numbers even ones which start 075,I dont see why Orange cant use them and why they have to recycle numbers which have been disconnected just under 3 months.

I've phoned Orange about this but I keep ending up in India talking to a brick wall, so i'm gonna write to them instead to Bristol, I might get a better response from that!

Anyone else experience this with Orange or any other phone company, I know some people have experienced this with Telewest and BT.

v0id
20-12-2008, 22:34
I've never got through to "India", even when I've phoned CS well after midnight.
I can only imagine that India must be reserved for PAYG customers :/

zing_deleted
20-12-2008, 22:58
If your getting calls from dating sites you wanna watch out your not getting charged for them

m419
21-12-2008, 03:03
Thats why i've stopped putting credit in my phone until its resolved!

Calling orange after midnight! The customer services is no longer 24 hours and they are now open 7am to 10pm daily. Furthermore, they have now withdrawn 100 operator services too. It sounds like Orange may have a cash flow problem???

soup dragon
21-12-2008, 06:46
i am sure that 100 operator services went years ago, isn't it 451 for payg and 151 for contract?

jellybaby
21-12-2008, 08:26
pay as you go mobile customers

Simply dial 450 from your pay as you go phone or 07973 100 450 from any other phone.

MadGamer
21-12-2008, 10:40
The only problem I have had when phoning CS, is the fact that you are presented with a stupid menu (in my case none of the options apply to me), before you even get to talk to someone.

m419
21-12-2008, 16:34
Well today i cant even do nothing when I call 450

Its saying 'Thankyou for calling orange,im sorry but we are unable to continue processing your call,please hang up and try again'.

Its been like that all day!

tweetypie/8
21-12-2008, 19:12
I've had it with Orange now!

Dodgy Nokia 6500 which they wont take back
Bad reception

And now i've discovered that my number was in use by an ex-Orange customer less than 2 months ago,

I'm getting phone calls and texts for this person all the time, they are annoying, some are from text dating services and some of the content is explicit.

When I tried signing up to Your account on the Orange website, it was locked to the last user of my number and it took Orange nearly a week to clear it!

The mobile networks have been allocated with new numbers even ones which start 075,I dont see why Orange cant use them and why they have to recycle numbers which have been disconnected just under 3 months.

I've phoned Orange about this but I keep ending up in India talking to a brick wall, so i'm gonna write to them instead to Bristol, I might get a better response from that!

Anyone else experience this with Orange or any other phone company, I know some people have experienced this with Telewest and BT.

i made the mistake of leaving virgin a couple of years ago and was i a sorry boy !! i went to orange and 3 months was long enough for me and i went straight back to virgin t.g.

AntiSilence
21-12-2008, 19:17
i made the mistake of leaving virgin a couple of years ago and was i a sorry boy !! i went to orange and 3 months was long enough for me and i went straight back to virgin t.g.

I switched from Virgin Mobile to Orange because the PAYG was costing me a fortune and I had a terrible signal. I'm very happy with my Orange contract now.

SnoopZ
21-12-2008, 19:56
I ordered an Orange contract tueday last week and they sent 2 phones and contracts as well as double billing the credit card. Hated the phone and i had no signal at home so cancelled it all.

AndyCambs
21-12-2008, 20:16
I was with Orange, but transferred to Virgin Mobile on the 300+300 for £10.
There are a couple of places where the signal isn't as good, but these are very limited. Overall the service has been good - and I notice that Virgin Mobile are the only provider now that offers free calls to voicemail.

m419
22-12-2008, 20:19
There are a couple of places where the signal isn't as good, but these are very limited. Overall the service has been good - and I notice that Virgin Mobile are the only provider now that offers free calls to voicemail.

3 Mobile also do this too, Vodafone take it out of your pay as you talk bundle allowances or pay monthly minutes otherwise its the standard rate.

Orange say they charge 15p per minute for Answerphone! What a rip off! Even worse the minimum charge is 20p, so if you call someone and the call cuts off for whatever reason or if you reach voicemail and the calls last no longer than 5 or 10 seconds, thats 20p gone!

I so want to go back onto Virgin Mobile! think i might start using my old phone until my phone is unlocked!

Orange Response
05-01-2009, 14:59
Hi there, I work for Orange and might be able to help.

Please send an email to customer.services@orange.co.uk, including your contact details and I will give you a call to discuss.

In order that your email is forwarded to me quickly, please add "Jonathan Orange Response" in the subject field and also in the first line of your mail.

Kind regards,

Jonathan
Orange Response

beeman
11-01-2009, 19:21

actually 4 of the 6 (main opperators) offer free voicemail. virgin, o2, tmobile, and three.With vodaphone (no idea about orange) taking it out of your call allowance :)

m419
14-01-2009, 20:27
Actually T-Mobile charge 10p per minute and no longer take it out of your minutes, O2 charges 15p per call to access Voicemail 901 and is does not take out of your minutes either.

Take5 from the carphone warehouse charges................35p per minute!

dslam
14-01-2009, 22:47
'Thankyou for calling orange,im sorry but we are unable to continue processing your call,please hang up and try again'.

I get that message as well, more often than the real menu.

Whats more, the (contract) 150 balance enquiry line for checking your minutes and megabytes is broken 90% of the time, disgraceful.

beeman
15-01-2009, 11:58
Actually T-Mobile charge 10p per minute and no longer take it out of your minutes, O2 charges 15p per call to access Voicemail 901 and is does not take out of your minutes either.

Take5 from the carphone warehouse charges................35p per minute!

Im on T-Mobile and dont get charged to access voicemail ;) ive also investigated into moving my contract to O2 and their site clearly states voicemail is free. Thoufgh i am talking about contract rates here not PAYG

The Hitman
15-01-2009, 12:05
The futures bright. The futures Orange;):D

m419
16-01-2009, 17:06
Well according to a document online, Orange is to quit using foreign call centres for the UK, it now uses UK call centres 100% of the time for Pay Monthly mobile customers, but still uses foreign call centres for Home Broadband and Pay As You Go mobile customers.